E. Colonial between 436 and Primrose

Jernigan

• 1 month later...

Per Bungalower, the Winn Dixie is closing next month on Bumby and 50 (leaving me wishing I named this topic "Bumby to 436).

That one and the one on the west side by the Magic Mall 

Winn-Dixie Closing Two Orlando Supermarkets

Thoughts on what should come to the Coytown location? I've always wished for an art gallery in that space. Something similar to Orange Studio or Snap.  

• Like 1

Winn-Dixie, of course, has no one to blame but themselves for the "underperformance" - that location should have been upgraded ages ago (it dates back to the 50s at least and the last major upgrade was in the Carter administration; the Publix at Shine and Colonial is one of their highest-grossing based on sales/sf).

The Winn-Dixie at Parkwood Plaza started out as part of Grand Union's ill-fated Grand Way experiment (a supercenter concept long before Walmart ever thought of such a thing) - Parkwood was my old stomping grounds as a kid.

It would be great if they built to the street. Earlier in the thread the topic of the traditional city overlay came up. Maybe a good time to revisit?

The original store was closer to the street - when they replaced it in the 70's, they built it behind.

Edited by spenser1058

The College Park Ace moved into a bigger store north on Edgewater as well - they seem to be shooting for something between the classic hardware store and a Home Depot big box. Good to see a local business prospering! I'm still partial to Miller's in Winter Park and Thomas Lumber on Gore myself until someone finally does something for us downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as the Dicks and bank open, a new frame is going up next to the Olive Garden. I remember a restaurant being on the site plan - anyone know if there's a tenant lined up ?

There was word a Noodles and Co. was going to open a location at Fashion Square.  This may be it.  Hope so.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

A skyscraper for Baldwin Park (well, 7 stories, but relatively speaking)!

http://bungalower.com/2018/08/23/mixed-use-development-coming-to-last-vacant-downtown-baldwin-park-lot/

From Bungalower

Love it!  He's developing that patch of green adjacent to the Suntrust branch.  Finally!  But, regarding retail...I wonder what he's got in mind.  There's a CVS nearby...

• 4 months later...

Reported on the news this afternoon:

Looks like Colonial Promenade might be about to undergo a major redevelopment.

The Orlando Executive Airport needs to raise money for major improvements and they figure the best way to do that is to get their retail property spruced up and generating revenue.

Video: https://www.wftv.com/video?videoId=898691606&videoVersion=1.0

Likely a couple of years until completion.

• Like 2

Holy crap! Look at that dude's hair!  Is he an Elvis impersonator on the weekends?

Anyway.  They just gave it a fresh coat of black paint.....In Florida......  I'm sure that's enough to get businesses to move in.   I thought the airport also owned to fromer Kmart/Publix plaza that got redeveloped into Sports Authority/HHGregg but that didn't work out too well.  Hopefully Lucky's makes the most of it.  Retail's gonna be hard.  Especially with a vacant brand new Orchard Supply down the road.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Ha.  I saw that story while at the gym yesterday but was so confused what in the world they could be talking about since I didn't have audio or lower thirds.  I saw the empty storefront and was like DID THE LIBRARY CLOSE?!

lmao same, I was at the hospital visiting a family member when I saw it last night  but with no volume I tought they were finally bulldozing it :silly: