Sign in to follow this  
Jernigan

E. Colonial between 436 and Primrose

Today, an item I ordered online was out of stock at the SoDo Target so I went to pick it up at the Maguire store.

I was stunned at the redo - the exterior is now very red and the old garden center entrance has been replaced by very attractive landscaping. The interior has also been updated (that’s appropriate given the Target opened circa 1990 and was originally a Gold Triangle dating back to 1972).

Oddly, however, parking in the surface lot at 2pm on a Monday was a pain. I much prefer the SoDo garage!

I haven't been in there since the redo.  My wife said they moved the Starbuck which must have been a feat since Starbucks didn't previously operate in that store.  I wonder where she thinks that Starbucks moved from?

• Like 1

I haven't been in there since the redo.  My wife said they moved the Starbuck which must have been a feat since Starbucks didn't previously operate in that store.  I wonder where she thinks that Starbucks moved from?

Ran in for a few items on Sunday afternoon around 4pm and the line at Starbucks was 6 deep ... go figure.

I think they’ve don’t a decent job on the East Colonial redo. I personally like the smaller format Targets more than the Supers ... much easier to get around in general, and specifically if I’m running in for just a few things.
  • Like 1

I drove thru the parking lot where the new Lucky's is going and it is really progressing quickly. I didn't get a photo, but the new exterior looks about 90% ready and peering in the open door the interior finish work looks to also be about 90%. I wouldn't be surprised to see refrigeration going in by months end and opening in June.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, AmIReal said:

I drove thru the parking lot where the new Lucky's is going and it is really progressing quickly. I didn't get a photo, but the new exterior looks about 90% ready and peering in the open door the interior finish work looks to also be about 90%. I wouldn't be surprised to see refrigeration going in by months end and opening in June.

June 5 is the date I've heard.