Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Migman

LYNX Express from downtown to UCF/Research Park

8 posts in this topic

I was just wondering why such a route doesn't exist. For that matter, has it ever been considered? Seems rudimentary enough. It would pretty much be a straight shot from the 408's terminus at the Research Park to the main station in downtown. Could even use an articulated BRT chassis for good measure. Make it all futuristic and stuff. Attract the naysayers.

A few direct routes are needed:

Downtown to UCF

Downtown Universal/I-Drive

Downtown to Disney

Does UCF still run a shuttle from it's main campus to the Hospitality School daily?

If so, it seems like downtown is very much on the way...even if the stop was somewhere between the 408 exit at Rosalind and an I-4W onramp. Maybe City Hall area?

Unless Ridership is at a max, it seems like a natural way to maximize what is already being done.

Does UCF still run a shuttle from it's main campus to the Hospitality School daily?

If so, it seems like downtown is very much on the way...even if the stop was somewhere between the 408 exit at Rosalind and an I-4W onramp. Maybe City Hall area?

Unless Ridership is at a max, it seems like a natural way to maximize what is already being done.

I think that most people going from UCF Main to Downtown or Downtown to UCF Rosen or UCF Main would be students or faculty.

If they needed to add a card scanner, I'd be all for it (provided they have an option for non-students/faculty to deposit $1 or $2 to get a ride.

As an alum living downtown, driving to UCF for Knights sporting events is the biggest local commute I ever do. I'd seriously consider not having a car if it was a non-factor.

I think that most people going from UCF Main to Downtown or Downtown to UCF Rosen or UCF Main would be students or faculty.

If they needed to add a card scanner, I'd be all for it (provided they have an option for non-students/faculty to deposit $1 or $2 to get a ride.

As an alum living downtown, driving to UCF for Knights sporting events is the biggest local commute I ever do. I'd seriously consider not having a car if it was a non-factor.

Brain fart on my end - you are right - it would be a hot ticket for research park.

I think quite a few people from research park would consider using it as well... right now its from UCF campus to UCF campus so not many people consider it but a more generic downtown stop could get the attention of those who need to travel from research park to downtown and back.