28-Floor Vista Apartment Tower

CorgiMatt

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The developer behind this proposed project has stated that he's now looking at other options since city and USC officials seem hesitant about agreeing to the project (as they should be). He said that they have been asking him to provide so much documentation that it would take nine to 12 months to satisfy them. He already has been working on the project for 15 months, he said, and has designed it three different times to satisfy local concerns, including ensuring it would mesh with the Innovista master plan created by Sasaki Associates. He believes Columbia should be more welcoming of a project that would add $1.2 million to the city’s annual tax rolls. The complex would be built to platinum-level standards for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, he said, and would be one of the most forward-thinking developments in the country.

...The complex would be built to platinum-level standards for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, he said, and would be one of the most forward-thinking developments in the country.

That sounds AWESOME! Has anyone on this forum heard which development company this is?

As much as I would love for a 28-story apartment building do be built and succeed at that site, does anyone else suspect that the scale of this project might be a little grandiose? Twenty-eight stories is more than any other building in the state, to my knowledge, and I just wonder if such a large building might end up being a white elephant. I think a 14-story project might be more appropriate, albeit somewhat less impressive.

I've even wondered if this whole thing was just someone pulling Columbia's chain. I've also wondered, since he said he is looking at other options and didn't say whether those options included possibly doing the development in another city, whether another city will get it and laugh at Columbia for letting it slip away.

The developer behind this proposed project has stated that he's now looking at other options since city and USC officials seem hesitant about agreeing to the project (as they should be). He said that they have been asking him to provide so much documentation that it would take nine to 12 months to satisfy them. He already has been working on the project for 15 months, he said, and has designed it three different times to satisfy local concerns, including ensuring it would mesh with the Innovista master plan created by Sasaki Associates. He believes Columbia should be more welcoming of a project that would add $1.2 million to the city’s annual tax rolls. The complex would be built to platinum-level standards for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, he said, and would be one of the most forward-thinking developments in the country.

You think you can get in contact with the company becuase i have a couple of designs i want to submit to him for columbia thats such big in scale. but something that the City will agree on.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone got any information on this project recently. and also i have a few renderings for this project. Someone mention that instead of a 29 story tower that Small towers in that spot would look good. well i kinda drew up some renderings of that. i don't have them yet but i will be willing to post them up on here if ya'll want to see them

• 5 months later...

Archived