Passport to Louisiana

dan326

While searching the web I found this terrific website called Texas Escapes. What it is a website that catalogs/is cataloging the history of every city, town, and village in Texas. What I think really makes it special is that people are allowed to send in their stories of the place and it's then added to the page. When I saw it I knew one had to be made for Louisiana so I starting making one now "Passport to Louisiana" (). And of course I couldn't embark on such an endeavor with out the help of my buddies at Urban Planet! :D I just started out so I would say at the least it will take at least a month before anything is posted to the web, but I'll be keeping y'all updated. :D

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well y'all, I finished the homepage! Tell me what y'all think. None of the links work because I haven't finished the pages they lead to, but I'll be done soon(in a few days).

http://passport2louisiana.webs.com/index.htm

Edit: Woops! I just checked the site in other browsers and the fonts didn't work. I guess it's back to the drawing board. :)

Edit#2: Alright y'all, I got the fonts to work. Like I said I'll be having the other pages up in a few days.

Well y'all, I finished the homepage! Tell me what y'all think. None of the links work because I haven't finished the pages they lead to, but I'll be done soon(in a few days).

http://passport2loui...s.com/index.htm

Edit: Woops! I just checked the site in other browsers and the fonts didn't work. I guess it's back to the drawing board. smile.gif

Edit#2: Alright y'all, I got the fonts to work. Like I said I'll be having the other pages up in a few days.

I've been thinking about this....sorry I haven't responded so quickly. I look forward to spending some time helping out on this. It's been a very stressful month at work, but I should have free time in a week or so.

So who is the target audience of your site? What is the overall goal (or mission) of your site? Are you on any time constraints?

Are we talking about Louisiana in general or what? Topics: Tourist stuff? Innovative Charter schools? Economy?

I see architecture in there. I could definately come up with a few interesting sites for many south Louisiana towns....everything from dining to music to recreation to architecture to haunted history.

This could be fun and very informative, depending on the kind of effort you wanted to put into it. This is probably one of the strangest, most entertaining flyover state in this country. It's hard not to fall in love with the place (unless you live north of the Atchafalya River or west of Lafayette....:) just joking). I don't think you will have a shortage of topics to talk about.

I've been thinking about this....sorry I haven't responded so quickly. I look forward to spending some time helping out on this. It's been a very stressful month at work, but I should have free time in a week or so.

So who is the target audience of your site? What is the overall goal (or mission) of your site? Are you on any time constraints?

Are we talking about Louisiana in general or what? Topics: Tourist stuff? Innovative Charter schools? Economy?

I see architecture in there. I could definately come up with a few interesting sites for many south Louisiana towns....everything from dining to music to recreation to architecture to haunted history.

This could be fun and very informative, depending on the kind of effort you wanted to put into it. This is probably one of the strangest, most entertaining flyover state in this country. It's hard not to fall in love with the place (unless you live north of the Atchafalya River or west of Lafayette....:) just joking). I don't think you will have a shortage of topics to talk about.

Thanks Richy! Yup, it was a pretty random choice, I just closed my eyes and zoomed in on Google maps and that was the town I saw.

Here's the next city : Denham Springs. I changed the layout a little to make things flow better visually and I also put pics on this page. I'll be adding a more thorough history a little later on.

http://passport2louisiana.webs.com/Louisiana_Towns/Florida_Parishes/Denham_Springs/Denham_Springs.htm

Archived