This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


Historic Williamston Twp school restoration

1 post in this topic

The 147 year old school should be open in September for special events, tours, school field trips and demonstrations.

Some interesting facts about the school:

*Being restored by Williamston Township's Historic Committee and a group of volunteers.

*The 40-by-40-foot one room school house was built in 1863.

*It was named Africa School because most of its constituents were abolitionists.

*It was later renamed Branch School in honor of local farmer N.C. Branch.

*Abandoned in 1990.

Check out the link below for some pictures

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.