Hartford Sports

Surprisingly, the NFL doesn't work everywhere. The Jacksonville Jaguars, St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills are all having major problems filling up their stadiums. Jacksonville rarely fills more than half of their seats for home games and Buffalo has decided to play multiple games in Toronto to sell tickets. St. Louis is likely headed for L.A.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No disagreement on Jacksonville. I think they are the team most likely to relocate to LA if anyone is. They just don't have the corporate backing (still no sponsor name on the stadium) and fan base. In defense of Buffalo and St Louis... Buffalo actually sells out their games. They just aren't bringing in the revenue to make it locally (outdated stadium among other things) and that's why they put a regular season game in Toronto each year. And the Rams just flat out stink and that's why their games have 20,000 empties. Back when Warner, Holt and Faulk were with the team, they were a big draw because they were playoff caliber every year. Last I heard they haev a local guy/fan buying the team that wants to keep them in STL.

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-uconn-ncaa-base-bid-0516,0,7151524.story

NCAA baseball in Norwich (maybe)

and if we had an AAA team in Hartford, you can bet they would try and put this in Hartford rather than Norwich.

but still great stuff for UConn and maybe even CT.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

CAN"T WAIT FOR THE GAME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today after work, over 500 members of American Outlaws will be downtown for a pub crawl leading up to tomorrows game between the US and Czech National soccer teams.

tomorrow all day downtown will be alive with these 500 fans and many hunderds more leading up to the tailgate opening at the stadium (around 4pm)

I have no idea how many fans the other supporters groups are bringing or even how many other fans not associated will be at these events, but American Outlaws sold all 500 of its tickets almost immediately and tonights pub crawl is our first event for this game.

If any of you guys are anywhere near by, I highly suggest you come downtown around 6 this evening. or really any time after the bars open tomorrow.

Vaughns is starting point 7pm official start time.

Archived