Greenville City Manager Resigning

goodbye

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this change be good for the City in the short term?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Perhaps, but I need more information.
    • I don't care.

Jim Bourey has been the City Manager in Greenville for the past six years. He is a nice person and I wish him the best in the future.

More information:

Fox Carolina

WYFF News 4

Greenville News

What are your thoughts regarding this news? What was Mr. Bourey's most significant accomplishment as City Manager in Greenville? What should the City do about the vacant position?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something about this whole thing doesn't make sense or sound quite right to me. I don't know what -- I just feel like we're not getting the whole story. Also curious why the Mayor pro tem and not the Mayor is doing all the commenting on it.

Agreed. There appears to be a missing link somewhere. It seems really odd to me to see the city manager resign like this out of nowhere.

First, I would like to say that i'm glad to see the Greenville News continue to follow this story and get the real truth out: http://www.greenvill...cil-members-say Investigative stories like this are what makes newspapers great. Wish the Greenville News would do more like it. Second, it looks like several recent deals like Hitachi and burying power lines that either were delayed, became too expensive or failed completely led to disagreements between the city manager and several city council members.

Since that appraisal, Councilman David Sudduth said a series of incidents touching on the city’s fund balance, the city’s plan to bury power lines and an abortive attempt to buy the former Hitachi plant contributed to a broader pattern of behavior that he said inhibited the council’s ability to make policy decisions.

I didn't have a problem with the city manager myself and thought he did a great job for the city which this article proves: http://www.greenvill...s-6-year-tenute Yes, there were times when I wondered why is the city power line burying plan taking so long, why the Hitachi deal fell through out of nowhere, why a better transit system is taking so long to get implemented, etc. but overall I thought he did a fine job getting things done and help improving the city further. Several developers and business leaders from the area were at the city council meeting for Bourey's resignation and they stood up for him. They included high-end restaurant owner Rick Erwin, developer Bo Aughtry of Windsor Aughtry; Frank Halter, CEO of the Coldwell Banker Caine; Brad Halter, president of Coldwell Banker Caine; developer Jackson Hughes of Hughes Commercial Properties Inc.; architect Joe Pazdan of McMillan Pazdan Smith; Peace Center President Megan Riegel; Henry Horowitz, founding chairman of downtown’s Artisphere festival; and developer David Glenn. That should say something right there by what he has done positively for the city and the kind of support he has. smile.gif

• 2 years later...

Archived