Rate North American cities!

DBR96

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right! My home town of Flint, Michigan is ranked at 79/80! My adopted city of Detroit is ranked at 73.

The thing that really baffles me is how Ann Arbor, Michigan is ranked 80/80. Ann Arbor is probably the coolest city in Michigan. It is certainly the most thriving. In fact, I'd say that it is one of the best college towns in the country.

• 3 years later...
All right! My home town of Flint, Michigan is ranked at 79/80! My adopted city of Detroit is ranked at 73.

The thing that really baffles me is how Ann Arbor, Michigan is ranked 80/80. Ann Arbor is probably the coolest city in Michigan. It is certainly the most thriving. In fact, I'd say that it is one of the best college towns in the country.

I would agree about Ann Arbor. I also think Detroit's Gotham City architecture is awesome and should account for something. I find it hard to believe the comments about my hometown of Orlando, none of them actually pertain to the city of Orlando but the tourism corridor which is not Orlando. Orlando is a very sophisticated city with a very young vibrant, creative population and has a beautiful, thriving downtown,along with neighboring Winter Park. The last time I was in Flint was in the mid 80s which was not a great time in the city's history. I don't like the negativity towards Michigan by most people, I would live there just for the beauty, and Detroit has some to the nations most beautiful suburbs and the upper part of the state is a great summer vacation spot as well as the west coast along Lake Michigan and you aren't far from Toronto or Chicago.

Wow! I'm surprised one of the moderators hasn't shut down this thread yet, given the board's arbitrary rules against comparing cities or other areas, or even debating the arbitrary rules here. I agree that Ann Arbor is one cool city. I'm not sure I agree about what I've seen of Detroit, other than Greektown. If I was going to spend any time in Detroit, I think Greektown would be my area of choice to stay.

Archived