Aetna Buying Arts Center From Greater Hartford Arts Council

HartfordTycoon

Hartford Courant

The property is nearly across the street from the headquarters of the corporate giant.

Bolduc says the sale will also mean that the council will not have to pay for the property's annual upkeep -- estimated at around $70,000 -- or be responsible for major six-figure repairs that the rear building needed.

The Aetna sale coincides with the council moving its headquarters in September from its offices on Pratt Street to the street level space at Pearl and Trumbull, at an estimated annual savings of $50,000 a year.

I hope Aetna does something interesting here. Aetna and The Hartford really need to join forces and do something that will revitalize their stretch of Asylum Hill. Corporations need to get involved in the development of this city again. Now they have more than enough property to do so.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw this as very interesting.

when Nyberg met with HYPE a while back he spoke about his new building that is next door to this property and how he is extremely interested by it.

I know he even said he himself was not ready or even able to make a move, its right next to his newest building and has great potential.

If something could be done with this plot of land, there would be a real nice anchor of healthy properties along that stretch.

this transfer does not really mean much in reality though does it?

i saw this as very interesting.

when Nyberg met with HYPE a while back he spoke about his new building that is next door to this property and how he is extremely interested by it.

I know he even said he himself was not ready or even able to make a move, its right next to his newest building and has great potential.

If something could be done with this plot of land, there would be a real nice anchor of healthy properties along that stretch.

this transfer does not really mean much in reality though does it?

Archived