Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sciber

Eola Place

9 posts in this topic

I just noticed some signs today at the corner of Mariposa and Eola. They show a new proposed complex to be built on both the north and south side of Mariposa.

It also looks like some fencing has gone up next to the Jackson. Does this project have legs? Has anyone heard about any actual construction or sales time frames.

With the current condo and retail markets this project seems unlikely, but maybe it is a sign that some investors see a bottoming out in the near future.

That was to be this project, not sure if that is moving forward or not now, but as you said it seems unlikely: Eola Place

I hope it is Eola Place....it sure would be nice if Downtown Orlando started to pick up with development and economic activity.....

I'm not downtown that often, so I don't know if this is the same sign that's been there for years. It looked pretty new, though, so I thought I'd post it. It's one of two or three signs that are around Mariposa/Osceola.

Any news about whether this project is still happening? Just saw it's been talked about since 2005, but six years is pretty long to have those signs out...

post-25309-0-76046500-1320854083_thumb.j

It looks as if the land is for sale and they are including the approved proposals to build the building(s).

1 person likes this

That sign has been there since I moved downtown almost 2 years ago. The Funky Monkey guys have been using that lot for valet parking lately. Those lots are a complete eyesore.

What's worse is that they demolished a nice row of apartments to make way for those empty lots.

I was wondering about what was destroyed to make way for that nothingness. What do you guys think will happen with those lots eventually? Townhomes perhaps, or another mixed use development?