Lake Eola

steve_o

Have any of you been down by Lake Eola in the past year? I have walked around it on two seperate occasions in the past month and can only say that its beauty is not quite how I remember. Mind you that both days I was there were Wednesdays.

I'm not sure what its like other days but for those of you that do not know they do feedings for the homeless on Wednesdays. I was really surprised and saddened to see every single bench occupied by a person and all of their bleongings. There were homeless walking aimlessly in all directions and at least two passed out on the lawns.

Have any of you noticed this same thing?

I live downtown and just haven't been over there in a little while. Is it like this every day? I suppose I was just a little shocked as I always considered this area the prettiest of Downtown Orlando and wonder how it could be turned into such a non-family oriented atmosphere.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any of you been down by Lake Eola in the past year? I have walked around it on two seperate occasions in the past month and can only say that its beauty is not quite how I remember. Mind you that both days I was there were Wednesdays.

I'm not sure what its like other days but for those of you that do not know they do feedings for the homeless on Wednesdays. I was really surprised and saddened to see every single bench occupied by a person and all of their bleongings. There were homeless walking aimlessly in all directions and at least two passed out on the lawns.

Have any of you noticed this same thing?

I live downtown and just haven't been over there in a little while. Is it like this every day? I suppose I was just a little shocked as I always considered this area the prettiest of Downtown Orlando and wonder how it could be turned into such a non-family oriented atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived