Sad day for me....

Windsurfer

Ended up selling my 25th floor condo at The Trademark and am moving up to Lake Norman. Guess we're now adding to the population of suburbia. I'm going to miss living uptown. It was so convenient walking to the HT in 4th Ward, cleaners, etc. I was truly torn so when the wife expressed interest in planting a garden the scales were tipped. At least we're plowing the grass under for some organic crops. :-(

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up selling my 25th floor condo at The Trademark and am moving up to Lake Norman. Guess we're now adding to the population of suburbia. I'm going to miss living uptown. It was so convenient walking to the HT in 4th Ward, cleaners, etc. I was truly torn so when the wife expressed interest in planting a garden the scales were tipped. At least we're plowing the grass under for some organic crops. :-(

I can relate. Back in the 90s, for three years I lived in Seattle's densest inner-city neighborhood.

Everything was close by, exciting.....but all the noise and chaos was nearby too. In 1998 I moved to the exurbs (Bremerton,WA) and it's been a perfect fit.

City life is awesome, and I don't regret my three year stint. But being in a quieter area has it's merits too. There's also something to be said about having one's own driveway.:)

I can relate. Back in the 90s, for three years I lived in Seattle's densest inner-city neighborhood.

Everything was close by, exciting.....but all the noise and chaos was nearby too. In 1998 I moved to the exurbs (Bremerton,WA) and it's been a perfect fit.

City life is awesome, and I don't regret my three year stint. But being in a quieter area has it's merits too. There's also something to be said about having one's own driveway.smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on where you move, much of the lake area is more small town than suburban. I live in Cornelius and can walk to every convenience within 10 minutes, ie. restaurants (Italian, Greek, Indian, Thai, Irish, Mexican, Southern, and junk food places), a dozen descent bars, two grocery stores, five gyms, busline, banks, doctor and dentist offices and everything else one needs. I just hope that you don't go back too far off the main roads. Good luck. Remember, uptown is only a 20 minutes away and if you are lucky enough to move to Cornelius, there are Raging Party buses for you and any roughty friends you may have.

Archived