Noah's Ark may have been found

cityboi

A structure with wooden beams which resemble remains of a boat have been found on top of Mount Ararat. According to the Bible the Ark rested on top of the mountain. Researcher say that carbon dating shows the wood are around 4,800 years old which is around the time the ark was said to be afloat. Archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000 feet in the vicinity but there are sections in the remains of the structure which seems to match the description of the Ark in the Holy Bible. If confirmed worldwide by archaeologists, it would confirm stories in the Bible aren't myths and I think we need to start taking a hard look at "legends" and "myths" of all sorts because they may be based on truth. Remember the legendary city of Troy which was believe to be a myth? They found that city and there are many other "myths" like Atlantis which one day could be proven to be real. Then there are the stories all over the world from every culture that speak of "gods" coming from the skies. I think we need to give ancient people a little more credit. Yes they were more primitive than we are but just because they document extraordinary things, that doesn't mean the are made up fables. I think in many ways the ancients understood this world better than we do today.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/noahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat/

042710_ark8_slideshow_604x500.jpg

042710_ark3_slideshow_604x500.jpg

042710_ark6_slideshow_604x500.jpg

042710_ark1_slideshow_604x500.jpg

042710_ark10_slideshow_604x500.jpg

042710_ark11_slideshow_604x500.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its curious to see some of the same folks who dismiss the carbon-dating of dinosaur bones, now validating carbon-dating when it supports their belief that this may be noah's ark. a boat load of irony?

In my discussions with such people, their argument is that carbon dating is only valid through roughly 6,000 years ago. IMO this is a load of manure. I do believe there was some type of Noah's Ark event, but I believe it was isolated to the then known world and not a global event. I'm skeptical about this Noah's Ark site they found on Ararat.

We'll know if the Turkish government and other scientists around the world validate this. I guess its natural to assume its a hoax if a person believes there was no such flood. But I do question one thing I saw in one of the photos. I noticed there was straw. It seems to me that straw would have decomposed after all this time but then again it was allegedly found near the top of the mountain where everything is frozen. I guess its possible that the straw and the wood could be preserved under those conditions.

I see the point you make Sean. Church people don't want to believe that carbon dating shows the world is older than 6,000 years but use the method to validate their own claims. As for a worldwide deluge, I think its possible. All ancient civilizations speak of a worldwide flood which means there is sort of a contradiction with the Ark find. The ancient Sumerians told the same story long before the biblical account. The Noah story was actually based off of the Sumerian text story. That would mean the great flood would have occurred long before the date given in the carbon dating. I think we can find some evidence that some sort of worldwide flood took place. Scientists are finding fossils of salt water fish in the mountains of appalachia

Archived