Bentonville, Arkansas

Mith242

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Comreguy,

Months ago we'd speculated on the possibility of Menard's coming some day to NWA.  They're about to open a Menard's east of U.S. 65 in southern Hollister, MO, barely 10 miles above the Arkansas line.  They may never go any farther in this direction, but this will be their farthest south location yet (surpassing the Poplar Bluff, MO store which previously held that honor).   Jane, MO might have been a good location for them once right above BV; we'll see...

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news/article_a89d2c18-2441-11e6-868d-7b725f108822.html

3 hours ago, KJW said:

Comreguy,

Months ago we'd speculated on the possibility of Menard's coming some day to NWA.  They're about to open a Menard's east of U.S. 65 in southern Hollister, MO, barely 10 miles above the Arkansas line.  They may never go any farther in this direction, but this will be their farthest south location yet (surpassing the Poplar Bluff, MO store which previously held that honor).   Jane, MO might have been a good location for them once right above BV; we'll see...

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news/article_a89d2c18-2441-11e6-868d-7b725f108822.html

I haven't heard anything to indicate they are coming here, but don't see any reason why we wouldn't be on the radar given their proximity. If I hear anything, I'll post here

• Like 1

Here's a pic of the 8W project at Walton & 8th across from the Walmart home office.  It looks bigger than I expected it to.  Good size and height for Bentonville.

8w.jpg

From what I've read, will be a hotel with shops & restaurants on the bottom floor. Jimmy Johns for sure going in there since their building was torn down to accommodate the 8W Center.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Office space, not a hotel. 

Yeah, you're right...read conflicting articles about it awhile back.

Based on its proximity to the Home Office, it'll have some vendor offices plus other offices on the top 2 floors, middle 3 are parking and bottom floor is restaurants/retail.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ash72704 said:

Does anyone know if the long rumored Bentonville Performing Arts Center is still in the works?

I haven't heard anything, but I've always assumed they'd wait until the Fayetteville WAC renovations are complete and has its grand re-opening.  If I were to speculate, you'll hear some official stuff by early next Spring at the latest.

Edited by wmr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone have news on what type of movie theater is being built in bentonville??  

I was curious about this, so I found a 5news article about it. Basically, 2 large screens, 4 smaller screens, will also have a kitchen & bar. Article was from April though, so I'd be interested in the progress since, if there's anything.

• 1 month later...

Here's a picture from today of the new indy theater going up on "A" St in Bentonville, and a view looking south on "A" showing the theater in relation to Thrive and another building up at the street.   It's pretty amazing how quickly that street has become "urbanized".  It's a pretty walkable stretching several blocks out from the square area.

bentonville theater1.jpg

2nd st.jpg

Here are some pictures from Brightwater Culinary Institute, particularly the "8th Street Market" side of the building.  I got a close-up of the "awnings" and they're weird.  I'm wondering what they'll do in a rainstorm.  

btwtr 1.jpg

btwtr 2.jpg

btwtr 3.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a look at the Tourmaline Lofts going up not far from Brightwater and near the future home of "The Plant" by Crystal Bridges.  It's surreal to see the "urban seeding" that is happening in this area.  Before these projects, it is a semi-rural area with mostly the quality of houses you'd expect to see near old agriculatural industrial complexes.  There are a few older Victorians in the area, but this will be one of those places you go to in 5 years and it will be completely transformed.

https://www.facebook.com/Tourmaline-Urban-Lofts-456331437899171/

mkt dist lofts.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MsLiberty said:

Anyone know what's going in where Ruby Tuesday's used to be at 14th and Walton? Speculation seems to be it will be a Raising Cane's. Just wondering if that can be refuted or confirmed.

Firm based in Dallas bought it. http://talkbusiness.net/2017/03/texas-developer-buys-vacant-ruby-tuesday-property-in-bentonville-for-2-15-million/

Doesn't look like anything firm has been announced yet. 

http://leoncapitalgroup.com/retail-map/

http://leoncapitalgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Bentonville-AR-Walton-Blvd-Pad-Sites-Flyer.pdf

• 1 month later...

Came across this article today about the want/need of a convention center in Bentonville.

Just wondering what thoughts you guys might have on the potential project or what you've heard.

I certainly agree there is a need. I just hope, if and when this becomes a reality, they go with a location that allows future growth. I'm not sure the old Nunnally Chevrolet property would be the right fit.