Bentonville, Arkansas

Mith242

Pictures of the new (second) Bentonville district high school from the public open house at Bentonville school headquarters tonight.  The school is in a rought "L" shape.  The image below is oriented with the top (under "SITE PLAN") being North.  The "Gamble Road" view is from the east.  The architect I spoke with said they're really trying to get traffic flowing east to west with this school, where the current traffic flow at the first Bentonville High School goes largely north to south (and vice versa):

nbhs_3.jpg

nbhs_2.jpg
nbhs_4.jpg

nbhs_1.jpg

Noticed a week or so ago that all of the trees were cut down on the property that Walmart owns at the corner of Fish Hatchery and 102 in Centerton. It looks like they're finally going to build the long awaited supercenter in Centerton.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/planreview/PLUMB/Benton.htm

Edited by JimAR

Anyone know anything about what they are doing to the land in far Western Centerton across from the Centerpoint gas station on 102?  Didn't recall seeing anything being built yet, but there were tons of trucks on site currently fixing up the land.  

Both. They are currently building a neighborhood market on the east side of town close to bentonville and they own 40 acres in the middle of town behind McDonalds that the post above refers to. They bought the 40 acres back before the recession hit.

Seriously??  That's going to be two supercenters and two Neighborhood Markets within a very close area of each other.  The link you provided isn't valid.  Is there any other proof that a Supercenter is going into that area?

Thinking I read a couple of months ago that what's going in across from Centerpoint is a nursing home/assisted living facility.

I did notice that the link isn't working. They seem to be having some technical difficulties with plan review status in general right now. I would check back in a couple of days. Here's the broader plan review status link for future use when it starts working again.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/environmentalHealth/Engineering/planReview/Pages/CurrentPlanReviewStatus.aspx

I agree that Bentonville/Centerton will be getting pretty saturated with Walmart, but given the loyalty to Walmart in this area, I doubt they'll be short on customers. When all is said and done Bentonville/Centerton will have 2 Supercenters, 4 Neighborhood Markets, and a Walmart To Go convenience store.

I was able to pull it up this morning, but not a few days ago...  Just to note, there is a separate entry (on a different page) for the new Centerton Neighborhood Market, so this is a completely different store.  I've copied and pasted the info below:

Submitter

Submitter: Shaw, Zach Organization: Carlson Consulting Engineers Address: 7068 Ledgestone Commons City: Bartlett State: TN Zip: 38133 Phone Number: 901-384-0404 E-Mail:

Project Information

Project ID: 87200 Manager: Corder, Craig Received: 2/13/2014 12:00:00 AM Due: 2/23/2014 Logged: 2/13/2014 Closed: 3/6/2014 Classification: Water & Sewer Imprvmn(Non-Sub) Status: Closed     Summary: WALMART SUPERCENTER #4248 WATER AND SEWER EXTENSIONS, CENTERTON AR. TWO COPIES OF PLANS/SPECS SUBMITTED, $500.00 FEE PD Assigned To: Holt, Charlie Action: Review, Comment and/or Approve Date Assigned: 2/13/2014 Due: 2/23/2014 Date Completed: 2/18/2014     Description: COMMENT LETTER DRAFTED FOR SUPERVISOR'S REVIEW. CH 2-18-14

Assigned To: Holt, Charlie Action: Reminder Date Assigned: 3/6/2014 Due: 3/16/2014 Date Completed: 3/6/2014     Description: APPROVAL LETTER DRAFTED FOR SUPERVISOR'S SIGNATURE. CH 3-6-14

I was able to pull it up this morning, but not a few days ago...  Just to note, there is a separate entry (on a different page) for the new Centerton Neighborhood Market, so this is a completely different store.  I've copied and pasted the info below:

Submitter

Submitter: Shaw, Zach Organization: Carlson Consulting Engineers Address: 7068 Ledgestone Commons City: Bartlett State: TN Zip: 38133 Phone Number: 901-384-0404 E-Mail:

Project Information

Project ID: 87200 Manager: Corder, Craig Received: 2/13/2014 12:00:00 AM Due: 2/23/2014 Logged: 2/13/2014 Closed: 3/6/2014 Classification: Water & Sewer Imprvmn(Non-Sub) Status: Closed     Summary: WALMART SUPERCENTER #4248 WATER AND SEWER EXTENSIONS, CENTERTON AR. TWO COPIES OF PLANS/SPECS SUBMITTED, $500.00 FEE PD Assigned To: Holt, Charlie Action: Review, Comment and/or Approve Date Assigned: 2/13/2014 Due: 2/23/2014 Date Completed: 2/18/2014     Description: COMMENT LETTER DRAFTED FOR SUPERVISOR'S REVIEW. CH 2-18-14

Assigned To: Holt, Charlie Action: Reminder Date Assigned: 3/6/2014 Due: 3/16/2014 Date Completed: 3/6/2014     Description: APPROVAL LETTER DRAFTED FOR SUPERVISOR'S SIGNATURE. CH 3-6-14

That makes much more sense.  A Supercenter was always talked about at that property east of First Baptist Church and Lifeway Christian School, and the NHM is farther east and closer to the Bentonville line.

That new high school I posted renderings of above is going to be a magnet for development at this point in time.

I kinda get the feeling that the Supercenter across from the HQ maybe on the downhill slide into becoming the place where WalMart expands it's corporate offices I'd not be shocked if the Hiwassi exit on the bypass is not targeted for a future supecenter.

That looks so much better than anything Fayetteville is getting lately.  Is this one the same one that includes the WM Neighborhood Market or a different one?

Different one.  As twin_number2 said, this is going in a few blocks south of the NHM building project as well.

Man...a developer says we won't recognize Fort Smith in 5 years (at least east FSM).  There's a big article today in AB as well about Conway and new developments off I-40 south of Dave Ward, and a developer says Conway will look totally different then.  And it's clear that downtown Bentonville will have significant changes in the next half decade.

Fascinating things happening in Arkansas' cities right now.  Time to take a lot of "before" and "after" pictures...

I believe I read somewhere that the Walton Arts Center is going on Central in that big field in front of Walton Jr High. They have already cleared the hundreds of Bradford Pear trees that were there. As much as I would LOVE a spiffy new HQ by the Bentonville Lowe's (it would cut hubby's commute time drastically), I can't imagine that they would be planning that since they are currently doing extensive remodels of some offices.

any new info on this? They have started back working on clearing this land and chopping down trees in front of the jr high