Bentonville, Arkansas

Mith242

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if they belong to Bentonville or Cave Springs or one of each, but the intersections of 112 and Elk Lodge/SW Gator Blvd need some major work.  I came from the west this morning from the direction of the schools and was wondering why there aren't more wrecks.  I get to the next curve, with Elk Lodge, and sure enough, there's a multi-car wreck.  They're terribly designed.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have ideas on what's moving into the new strip mall on Airport Blvd/Walton (back away from the road, almost next to Guess Who)?  It actually looks better than most of the strip malls on Walton but I cringe at the thought of what that'll do to the already heavy traffic at that intersection.

Anyone have ideas on what's moving into the new strip mall on Airport Blvd/Walton (back away from the road, almost next to Guess Who)?  It actually looks better than most of the strip malls on Walton but I cringe at the thought of what that'll do to the already heavy traffic at that intersection.

Living in Vaughn, I am definitely NOT looking forward to that strip mall.  During rush hour, I typically wait through three stoplights before being able to turn onto Airport Blvd.  A second turning lane would be nice, but is near impossible without a ton of work.  That Community Center is already going to make that intersection more of a pain.  

Living in Vaughn, I am definitely NOT looking forward to that strip mall.  During rush hour, I typically wait through three stoplights before being able to turn onto Airport Blvd.  A second turning lane would be nice, but is near impossible without a ton of work.  That Community Center is already going to make that intersection more of a pain.  

Anyone remember the "slip ramps" of Little Rock back in the 80s/90s, where people would come off the interstate at highway speed onto the parallel access road, right into or in front of oncoming traffic?  Some people lost their lives in terrible accidents on those.

While they're not quite (emphasis on "quite") as dangerous, bkern1989 refers to, among other things, the Airport Road turnoff off of Walton, which is a curved road coming onto a curved road.  I don't know if there's a name for this type of interchange, but I worry about them. Another such interchange, almost exactly, is on far west Central Avenue onto Herbaugh Road, which will be the most significant interchange closest to the new Bentonville West High School.  What's bad is that people are also coming at highway speed on this turnoff from Bella Vista and Gravette while people from Bentonville are trying to turn off onto Herbaugh Road.  Thinking of teenagers who may be late for school and take chances, I very much worry for the deadly accident potential at this soon-to-be-very-busy interchange.  I hope the AHTD or City of Centerton (and Bentonville in the case of bkern's intersection) have a plan for this.

Edited by KJW