Bentonville, Arkansas

Mith242

True... But that sale provides quite a comp for other commercial properties for sale in the area.

I'm guessing they will build a Walmart Express there? Doesn't seem big enough for anything else...

Its not a comp. You have to throw that out. Major outlier and not a "market" transaction. They were only ones willing to pay that price. Similar to Walgreens. There is only one Walgreens, only one Walmart. Anyone that tries to value their property off those sales will be disappointed.

Gotcha...  but here's a sincere question:  If you're a landowner looking to sell, how do you set your price?  If I have a corner lot that would be a great fit for a Walgreens or Neighborhood Market, do you set one price for those customers and another price for, say, someone who wants to put in a used car lot?

Not trying to be abrasive, just curious how to handle such a matter...

Gotcha...  but here's a sincere question:  If you're a landowner looking to sell, how do you set your price?  If I have a corner lot that would be a great fit for a Walgreens or Neighborhood Market, do you set one price for those customers and another price for, say, someone who wants to put in a used car lot?

Not trying to be abrasive, just curious how to handle such a matter...

That's all up to the seller and the seller's circumstances. More often than not, Walgreens buys property that is occupied with an operating business. So, in that instance it probably isn't being marketed at any price and you can test Walgreens to see how bad they want it.

If it is a vacant property, you check with Walgreens and other "above market" users (Casey's, McDonalds) first before you market to see if there is true interest. Your best bet is to price it to the market not to Walgreens.The more fish that like your bait, the better chance you will catch one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...may end up hosting the NCAA Division II national championship game for 2014-18...one of three finalists out of very many, with the final decision for the site to be made 12/11/13.  It would be at Tiger Stadium in Bentonville (weird, but remembering how complimentary Pete Carroll of USC was when his team practiced there when they came here to play the Razorbacks).

Little sad about this one, something that's leaving Bentonville.

NWACC is looking to acquire the railroad right-of-way that goes through its campus.  They'll remove the tracks, obviously, if this goes through.  There was a cement plant in Bentonville surrounded by Walmart properties that took deliveries from the Arkansas and Missouri railroad but they've apparently stopped.  There's some heavy industrial usage east of NWACC so I'm guessing the tracks stay there for now.

Not that it was anything transcontinental, but here's a bit more about the "Bentonville branch".

It looks like a walmart express or a smaller connivence store, I worry about traffic there.

. I worry about the traffic there too. Long waits at those lights during rush hours. Its going to be similar to the walmart express format. Saw this story on knwa

Walmart Set to Open Convenience Store in NWA in 2014

http://www.nwahomepage.com/story/walmart-set-to-open-convenience-store-in-nwa-in-2014/d/story/2rxOvQywJ0K6ByCFoj0P0w

• 2 weeks later...

. I worry about the traffic there too. Long waits at those lights during rush hours. Its going to be similar to the walmart express format. Saw this story on knwa

Walmart Set to Open Convenience Store in NWA in 2014

http://www.nwahomepage.com/story/walmart-set-to-open-convenience-store-in-nwa-in-2014/d/story/2rxOvQywJ0K6ByCFoj0P0w

Wow.  This has to be one of the worst locations for something like this... Nothing like clogging up Walton and 14th even more.  I remember seeing the story on 40/29 about Walmart wanting to open their first convenience store in Bentonville.  I didn't know about the location until now.

But, it's Walmart.  In Bentonville.  $$$.  Good grief.

Edited by M_86

• 2 weeks later...

Bentonville lost out to Kansas City for the NCAA Division II championship game.  Woulda been cool, but my gut feeling is that a high school stadium just mightn't have had the appeal, no matter how nice of a facility it is.

(BTW, speaking of high school stadiums, rumor is that Bennie is working to schedule a game with Allen, TX.  May not happen, but BHS went toe-to-toe with Texas 5A quarterfinalist Euless Trinity, the latter school leading the current (in some polls) #1 team in Texas DeSoto in the final minute this past Monday before losing by a TD.  In these final years before Bentonville High splits, I expect BHS to try to line up the best high school competition it can.  Beside Trinity, last year Bennie played Tulsa Union (in a big preseason scrimmage), Kansas City Rockhurst and South Panola, MS, all multi-time state "big school" football champs with South Panola the "mythical national champion" in 2010 as designated by USA Today and Rivals (recruiting service), beating them all.)

Allen's football stadium, should a game occur and Bentonville go there:

Eagle_Stadium.jpg

Edited by KJW