Bentonville, Arkansas

Mith242

HGTV's house hunters is in town this weekend filming an episode.  They filmed a segment at The Hive today and are filming at Crepe's Paulette tomorrow.  

That's pretty exciting.  I'd rather it be a different show from that channel, but House Hunters is good too.  How'd you find that out?

:cry:  :mellow:   Another one bites the dust.

NWACC has agreed to buy the Arkansas and Missouri right of way in its campus, and will have the tracks removed and develop the left over land.

Another part of this railroad branch (and a possible commuter rail link, which I never thought would happen anyway) will be gone.  On the bright side, I'm happy for NWACC as this did bisect their campus, and it will allow for future unimpeded projects.

• Like 1

That's pretty exciting.  I'd rather it be a different show from that channel, but House Hunters is good too.  How'd you find that out?

From the Crepe's Paulette Facebook page.  Also, my friend is a realtor and her daughter was working as a production asst. on the set at The Hive.

I noticed that they're tearing down the old Tyson plant that's close to downtown... Anyone know if there is something planned for that spot?

See the attached article.  It talks about all the different "districts" that are planned for downtown.

http://www.thecitywire.com/node/30995#.UuPA9Ch6hD0

• Like 1

It looks like a Bank of Gravett is being built way out here at the intersection of Highway 12 and Vaughn Road, or at least that's what the sign says.  Not much is being accomplished though as it appears to only be two people working on it and all that's been done so far is that a ton of bricks have been laid out.  

I don't really see that being the start of much though because while it is on the way to the airport and there are a few apartments and housing areas out here, I don't see that as being enough traffic for anything else to come in in the way of gas stations or fast food.  

Edited by bkern1989

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that Walmart recently bought about 125 acres next to the Lowe's in north Bentonville....  Is this going to be a super center?  Seems like a really big chunk of land for such a thing...

What an odd place that would be for a distribution center.  This will be interesting to see develop.  Do you have a link for this?

bkern, again, with all the (water/sewer) pipe I'm seeing being laid between Vaughn (where that Bank of Gravett is going in) and Cave Springs Road, and knowing that Bentonville will in 5-10 years be over 1 1/2 times as big as it is now (with the growth coming largely from the aforementioned area), I'd say they're getting in to establish a presence early.

What an odd place that would be for a distribution center.  This will be interesting to see develop.  Do you have a link for this?

bkern, again, with all the (water/sewer) pipe I'm seeing being laid between Vaughn (where that Bank of Gravett is going in) and Cave Springs Road, and knowing that Bentonville will in 5-10 years be over 1 1/2 times as big as it is now (with the growth coming largely from the aforementioned area), I'd say they're getting in to establish a presence early.

Yeah, I'd say they aren't too eager to get it built seeings how being this far out in Vaughn, the only customers they'd have would, for the most part be from the two apartment complexes out here and possibly the small housing area down near the Airport plaza.

Today, I saw a sign that said "CVS, coming soon" in front of a building on 14th street beside the new Walmart gas station.  I know that the location across the street is where the Walgreens is supposed to come in, but is a CVS also going near there?  The only one I heard was going in Bella Vista.  

Today, I saw a sign that said "CVS, coming soon" in front of a building on 14th street beside the new Walmart gas station. I know that the location across the street is where the Walgreens is supposed to come in, but is a CVS also going near there? The only one I heard was going in Bella Vista.

which side? Where exactly did you see this?