Oz Greibel on NPR

MadVlad

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unless something drastic happens in the race, i am voting for him.

I am a Democrat, and a proud one at that, but I like Oz a lot, and I am even now volunteering for his campaign. crazyness.

but a Republican in CT is a moderate in most other states, and would be called a liberal in the South or SW.

does NPR have videos you can download later?

maybe Oz's site will.

would like to heat it.

I listened to it over the weekend, and I really like his view on regionalism.

I also think he is fairly spot on with transportation as well. except he mentioned the commuter rail stopping in Windsor Locks and taking a bus to the airport (bad idea. trust me, but if you go to the BART station in Oakland you know what I mean) we need the rail spur to the terminals.

also in terms of attracting companies I think he has some good ideas. now mind you I do not agree with everything, but I like a guy who says that we can avoid raising taxes if we can increase employment. common sense. I also like a guy who says that when CT realizes that it does not need 169 of everything (police departments, fire departments, schools etc...) we will become competitive with other states.

I too agree with a bunch of what he said, but that last part I agree with 1000%. It is asinine to have 169 of everything, or even 100 of everything. In reality, there aren't 169 of everything, some towns don't have police, some have Volunteer Fire Depts (though those have paid Fire Chiefs, I believe), though I'm pretty sure every town has a Town Manager, Public Works Manager, Tax Collector, First Selectman/Mayor, etc....

Archived