Forbes survey - best cities for singles

TheGerbil

You all really give Forbes to much credit. Neither Richard Florida nor any other logical (if that is logical) rational plays into this. I can tell you this without hesitation. I work in advertising and worked in publishing. It's a gimmick - and that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True Mj, especially while Forbes gives us the LOWEST ranking Esquire comes out and names us "MOST ROCKING" so go figure.

My concern is although this is more a popularity contest the domino effect of these rankings is dangerous, many many base weighty decisions in part or in whole on data gathered directly or indirectly from rankings such as these. It would be similar to having Newsweek's glam piece come out with something about PghUSA hating Canada, then that gets picked up by other outlets and spread around written in research papers, quoted, then even if it is retracted it is still out there as an urban legend, except these rankings never get retracted and always have an air of legitimacy. So although I tend to agree with you Mj that you should never put a lot of weight in these rankings some do and some use them to rank other aspects of the city.

Archived