Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dan326

Baton Rouge Bayou Country Superfest

4 posts in this topic

I hope this works. I don't expect this to be too big the first year. They probably would have done better with more advertising, if I hadn't been surfing the internet for Baton Rouge related stuff, I wouldn't have known about it.

"We can almost hear the boots a’ comin’. Things are about to get a little bit more country in Baton Rouge when the Bayou Country Superfest kicks off in Tiger Stadium May 29.

Headlined by multi-Grammy winners Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban—and featuring what could be the final Baton Rouge appearance by the soon-to-be-separated Brooks & Dunn—Bayou Country will be filled with two days of live concerts across Memorial Day Weekend."

http://www.225batonrouge.com/news/2010/may/01/giter-dunn/

I'm not much of a fan of these artists, but I hope the festival goers pack the local hotel rooms and patronize the local businesses!

Surely, there is a better outdoor venue than Tiger Stadium for concerts, right? Stadium style concerts have an awkward layout.

This is so exciting! I admit I was skeptical, but you can't go wrong with 80,000 people. Lol, I was just thinking, the mall is probably going to be packed those days.