Best part of Hartford to live

So I was wondering what everyone here may know that i do not know.

Besides the West end with its sub-urban charms, and the fancy new downtonw apartments, what is the best part of hartford. what is the most desirable, "cleanest", "safest" part of the city.

it can be a street, a block, whole district.

if you were an outsider, what part of the city would you find most livable and why?

maybe another way to put this is, what part of the city is the most surprising to you?

I can start the discussion by mentioning charter Oak Place as a nice street.

and congress street.

anyone know any others or even know more about those two areas?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an outsider personally I'd likely chose the Blue Hills area for cultural reasons. Otherwise, the West End especially the area around Elizabeth Park would be most impressive. I do like Charter Oak Place alot also, but I'd prefer Linden and the surrounding streets bordering Main St. along with it.

Canterbury St. and Ridgefield St. would probably surprise many people not familiar with the North End as would many of the streets in Blue Hills bewteen Westbourne and Tower. There are also very nice homes along Tower Ave. if you ever stop to pay attention to them. These areas are not far enough away from rough areas to completely get away from urban problems but they are far more peaceful and inviting places to live than most suburbanites would imagine. With the right improvements nearby they could really thrive.

Capitol Ave and Linden are nice right near Main St, the South West area around Yale St, Princeton, Exeter, Amherst, and all the college named streets is pretty nice. The South End below South St is nicer than north of South St, also, western Parkville can be nice , not sure about safety, but the little area near Real Art Ways looks like a neat little community. 1429 Park St is a nice building to live, and the new buildings where Dutch Point used to be look really, really nice. Lastly, there are buildings on Broad St that are phenomenal. Not sure who owns them, but they are really nice (just south of Russ St), and are definitely a nice oasis in a sea of mediocrity.

Capitol Ave and Linden are nice right near Main St, the South West area around Yale St, Princeton, Exeter, Amherst, and all the college named streets is pretty nice. The South End below South St is nicer than north of South St, also, western Parkville can be nice , not sure about safety, but the little area near Real Art Ways looks like a neat little community. 1429 Park St is a nice building to live, and the new buildings where Dutch Point used to be look really, really nice. Lastly, there are buildings on Broad St that are phenomenal. Not sure who owns them, but they are really nice (just south of Russ St), and are definitely a nice oasis in a sea of mediocrity.

Archived