West Hartford on the Kiplinger's 10 Best Cities for the Decade List

HartfordTycoon

West Hartford clearly is the most desirable urban suburb in Greater Hartford and pretty much CT. I think that this is good for the Hartford region and ultimately for Hartford. If West Hartford can get enough name recognition to become a nationally known town that people desire to move to that will only help Hartford's name recognition by extension and it helps dispel the notion that our area is some kind of unsophisticated backwater like some people outside of Greater Hartford (and some within) believe it to be. The City of Hartford has to clean itself up though if we are ever going to become a destination as a region. It's great to have a West Hartford next door though to make upscale urban/suburban living an option not far from Hartford's CBD.

Rick Green's Hartford Courant Blog

Kiplinger.com

We can vote for West Hartford via Kiplinger's facebook page as well.

Kiplinger's West Hartford FB Page

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Slifka the mayor of West Hartford is quoted as saying that WHC is great because people don't really go to Downtown Hartford anymore. This is not the first time he has taken a shot at the city and it's something that actually does really bug me about the guy. West Hartford is great but it would be better for the entire region to have a vibrant Hartford as well. I wish people could just start to understand that concept around here both in and outside of the city.

Scott Slifka the mayor of West Hartford is quoted as saying that WHC is great because people don't really go to Downtown Hartford anymore. This is not the first time he has taken a shot at the city and it's something that actually does really bug me about the guy. West Hartford is great but it would be better for the entire region to have a vibrant Hartford as well. I wish people could just start to understand that concept around here both in and outside of the city.

I really like WHC and think they have done a great job in the last 10 years, but that is an incredibly stupid thing to say and someone should call him on it publicly. I'm sure people from the Wadsworth, Hartford Stage, Science Center, XL Center, Convention Center or any of the many restaurants or bars downtown would disagree with him. That.. in a nutshell.. is the whole problem with greater Hartford. He should be a ashamed. I wonder where most of the people who fuel West Hartford center work and where their disposable income comes from...?

Archived