The Crossroads

dan326

I saw a sign up last time I went to Gonzales. I finally found more info on the internet.

It looks to be a large power center type development that will include:

• a clothing anchor

• 2 department stores

• a pet store

• a bookstore

• an electronics store

• a theater

• small retail space

• 2 retail outparcels

• 3 restaurant ouparcels

It'll be on the land across the interstate from Tanger. (As an interesting little tidbit, Tanger mall was built in 1992)

http://www.weinerdevelopment.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/GonzalesPackage.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the official explanation:

'Gonzales MarketPlace is a planned 435,000 sq.ft. restaurant, retain, and entertainment power center located at the NWC of I-10 and Highway 30 in Gonzales, LA. When completed, Gonzales MarketPlace will have 6 restaurants, a movie theater, 2 major anchors, 3 junior anchors, and 27,500 sq.ft. of small shop space. As part of development plans, Veterans Blvd will be widened to four lanes and the intersection of Highway 30 and Veterans Blvd will be signalized"

So basically it's Siegen MarketPlace South.

Well, at least there is more than one way to get into it......

Gonzales needs more retail and restaurants anyways. I guess this is what they want. Hope the parish and state can get around to widening LA 30.

Ascension so desperately needs it's own version of the Green Light Plan.

We would support a green light program as a sales tax except for the economy and uncertanty with the oil spill now more recently, getting any new tax approved by voters is probably next to impossible.

With that said, majority of the population lives in a semi-grid road system, the main roads that need widening are 30, 42, 44, and 73.

928 could use an onramp to I10.

Airline Hwy could use longer and / or dual turn lanes in places.

And I10 could use that safety cable in the middle.

I can't think of anything else major off the top of my head, I'm sure there is something.

Archived