JEDC: downtown tops for incentives

bobliocatt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi- first time joining the discussions although I've been checking out the site for a while.

The way this article was written disturbs me. But hey, it's the DR...

Pertinent to the article would have been the boundaries that the JEDC used in this research (referred to as the Downtown Planning Zone), as they are MUCH larger than the actual boundaries of Downtown. The area that has "the highest unemployment and crime rate and the lowest average income and real estate prices of seven geographical regions" is Martin Luther King Blvd to the North, the river to the South, I-95 to the West and the river to the East.

The good news (and factually accurate information) is that Downtown has the second lowest crime rate in Duval County according to the JSO. And anyone looking for property down here knows that Downtown certainly doesn't have the lowest real estate prices.

I've got a call into them now, so hopefully we'll see a mention of the boundaries in the gossip column tomorrow.

--

downtowngal aka lyn

Welcome downtowngal! Nice to have another member here! It's too bad they included the crappy parts in their little review thingee. Downtown, well...at least the Core, is only getting better and better. I hope everyone, especially the suburbanites, will be able to see it in a better light.

Archived