Chick-fil-A coming to North Little Rock

North Little Rock is finally getting a stand-alone Chick-fil-A location! They have already broken ground and have the "Coming Soon" sign out. It will be located on East McCain Blvd. in the Lowe's parking lot. I have to admit it seems like a weird location but I am just thrilled to have the option now instead of having to go into McCain Mall anytime I want some Chick-fil-A.

As of June 6 all that has beem done is laying the initial ground pipes but I would think it will be done by maybe late August/early September. Usually the night before a new location opens people will camp out and the first 100 people in line on opening day get 52 coupons for a free #1 chicken sandwhich combo; one for each week of the year! I might actually try to do it if it's on a weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Little Rock is finally getting a stand-alone Chick-fil-A location! They have already broken ground and have the "Coming Soon" sign out. It will be located on East McCain Blvd. in the Lowe's parking lot. I have to admit it seems like a weird location but I am just thrilled to have the option now instead of having to go into McCain Mall anytime I want some Chick-fil-A.

As of June 6 all that has beem done is laying the initial ground pipes but I would think it will be done by maybe late August/early September. Usually the night before a new location opens people will camp out and the first 100 people in line on opening day get 52 coupons for a free #1 chicken sandwhich combo; one for each week of the year! I might actually try to do it if it's on a weekend.

I stay on this side of the river also, and there are times that I've gone in the McCain Mall just for the Chick-fil-A. I wonder if it will hurt the sales of the McCain Mall Chick-fil-A that there will be a free-standing Chick-fil-A practically right across the street.

When they opened the W. Markham one directly across the street from Park Plaza, it didn't seem to hurt the one in the mall. And the free-standing one became one of the city's highest grossing restaurants. However, I avoid the restaurant. Their ultra-conservative Christian background and their discrimination when hiring store operators is too much for me to endorse. Damn good chicken sandwich, though.

The first two locations in NWA was a situation just like this. One inside the NWA Mall and one literally across the street from it. Never seemed to hurt them. We've had a number pop up all over NWA now and the first two still seem to do just fine for themselves.

I actually respect the company for sacrificing a whole days worth of sales every week in order to give their employees at least one day to worship and to spend time with their families. There's a reason that their employees seem to be the happiest fast food employees in the world.

BTW, did you try to open up a Chick-fil-a franchise or something? You sure sound like it.

Archived