Marriott Properties

MTSUBlueraider86

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you tell me what you want a developer to do when the economy tanks and the commercial lending market freezes up? I know they are both eyesores but you have to be realistic about the situation. Do you think Alex Palmer wanted to spend a ton of money on a project just so it could turn into an eyesore? Was that Concord Hospitality's plans for the new Marriott? In my opinion the only real tragedy in either situation was the demolition of the Masonic Lodge on the WES parcel.

My apologies go out to you for creating a hostile environment. However, I do believe the reason no one posts on here anymore is the economy. UP really took a hit after all of Nashville's projects went dormant...there was very little to discuss.

You have some valid points in your post. One of the main issues is banks not loaning money. Many American banks had no problem loaning money to Dubai, Jakarta, Shanghai, etc... for their mega-skyscrapers yet most Americans cannot get a loan for a house let alone any commercial developments, and that is frustrating to say the least.

I appreciate your apology. I may have been a bit oversensitive.

Best to you!

SEC

Friends,

I talked recently to one of the developers of the project at 18th and West End. Her name is Diviya (I think that's the correct spelling) Patel and she is very professional, pleasant and sharp. She and her husband (as I recall the chat specifics) want to develop the site and hope to break ground by the end of this calendar year. They have done other developments, she told me.

William Williams

Archived