Myrtle Beach, SC

Neo

Had I known that it was going to be bike week at Myrtle Beach I would definately not have went down! This has been a little over a month ago I think, I just now have had a chance to go over the photos and select a couple to post here for you to see. I'll never go to the beach anymore without checking the events calendar, LOL! Traffic was absolutely aweful. What normally is about a 3.5 hour drive turned into a little over 6 hours, over two hours of that was spent just blocks from the ocean but we couldn't get to our hotel that we had PREPAID (read non-refundable). Anyways, without further ado:

I've never seen so many "spinners" on cars in my life! Cops were also very thick, we stayed in our hotel room the entire time and left very early the next morning, LOL!

DSC01886.jpg

Looking down on "The Strip"

DSC01902.jpg

From our hotel room:

DSC01909.jpg

Early the next morning (around 7 I believe):

DSC01922.jpg

New construction:

DSC01924.jpg

Wavy sidewalk... :P

DSC01926.jpg

A plane taking off from the airport...obviously...

DSC01933.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of businesses actually close during black biker week because of security concerns like you mentioned. It is definately a shame that it has come to that.

Yeah, we ended up having to eat at the hotel. Everyone in there was complaining because when they made reservations the hotel failed to tell them about bike week. Nothing was open and we were actually scared to go out on the streets at all so after getting a suite at a nice hotel we pretty much blew our money for absolutely nothing and ruined a weekend.

Yeah, we ended up having to eat at the hotel. Everyone in there was complaining because when they made reservations the hotel failed to tell them about bike week. Nothing was open and we were actually scared to go out on the streets at all so after getting a suite at a nice hotel we pretty much blew our money for absolutely nothing and ruined a weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a good time. :unsure:

-The End-

• 2 years later...

Nice pics, but I can tell you guys weren't on the main drag....the area around the pavillion is always "action packed". I've never been during Bike Week and don't plan to do so. I like MB but sometimes its just too crowded. Anywaz...I never knew that they shut down so much for Black Bike Week. Alot of my family goes down just for that event but I've never heard the stories.

If you think bike week in Myrtle Beach is bad, you should go down to Daytona during the 2 weeks around the Daytona 200 motorcycle race. I went several times many years with my family (my father was a big cycle nut). I assume it's still held in March. Even back in the 60's and early 70's it was complete pandamonium and I'm sure it has only gotten considerably bigger in the 30 years since.

• 2 weeks later...

I tell you what. We went to the beach last october 30th for my birthday on the weekend. It was a great time to ride around and see all the construction going on and try lots of good places to eat. I love barefoot landing and all the shops. The fall feeling in the air was great. It was 70 degrees that weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Myrtle Beach have a "downtown" by chance?

In college, our Spring Break always fell on the same week as biker week in Daytona. Made the mistake of going to Daytona freshman year. Needless to say we didn't go back to Daytona again (and it pretty much lost a lot of its spring breakers to Panama City and Padre Island in the 90's). We found a great spot at Siesta Keys near Sarasota, and went back there three years in a row.

Sorry your trip was a bust Neo.

Archived