Acoustic Cafe

GvilleSC

After posting about Main Street Gallery providing artists with spaces along Main to set-up, I ran across the "Acoustic Cafe" on the City's website. It's basically the same concept, except for musical acts.

As with MS Gallery, performers will have to apply with the City, and will be designated a location to perform. Their time slots range from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week.

The 6 locations for the Acoustic Cafe performances are as follows:

-Main Street Plaza (Falls Park),

-Piazza Bergamo,

-Hyatt Plaza,

-Riverwalk,

-Court Square and

-the Shoeless Joe Jackson Plaza.

You can read more here: Acoustic Cafe

--------

I love that the City is doing this, and allowing them to sell their merchandise. The music in the air is going to provide another detail that falls in to the realm of the 'intangibles' when describing the atmosphere and experience of downtown. Also, I like it that the City has only duplicated the largest of public spaces for both Acoustic Cafe and Main St Gallery performances. They should end up being dispersed nicely!

Greenville is further solidifying its place as South Carolina arts capital, and premier pedestrian experience! :thumbsup:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived