Paving the way to a new Greenville

GvilleSC

We've all seen the City of Greenville's efforts over the past few years to enhance its streets. This is a place for us to discuss the new developments and follow the action.

A Short Overview:

-The City is working with Duke Energy to systematically bury utility lines along major corridors.

-Bike lanes are appearing all over the City, including sharrows on a few streets.

-Fairforest Way is getting ready to undergo a major change, extending the Millennium Blvd scheme all the way to Mauldin Rd.

-Church Street is set to endure a major transformation, including a road diet, lighting, sidewalks, bike lanes, and landscaping.

-Spring/Falls Street (downtown) has seen a reduction in lanes, addition of bike lanes, and new on-street parking

-West Washington Street (downtown) is currently being reduced in lanes, and receiving bike lanes.

-Stone Avenue's plans propose a road diet.

-I believe I also read where Beattie Place and/or College St is also gonna lose a lane of traffic?

This is just a few that I could quickly think of. However, I'd love for us to track these changes with pictures and personal reviews. Either way, it's all exciting news. It's all better for Greenville's future, and continues to attest to Greenville's progressive and forward-thinking mindset. The pedestrian and cycling experiences are being enhanced, and direct economic benefits will come as well (most recognizably at Church St).

What are y'all thoughts, and what projects did I leave out?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot East North Street. ;) I think all of these improvements being done currently or planned for roads in the city is great. It shows the city of Greenville is being progressive and more friendly to other forms of transportation besides vehicular traffic. :thumbsup:

You forgot East North Street. ;) I think all of these improvements being done currently or planned for roads in the city is great. It shows the city of Greenville is being progressive and more friendly to other forms of transportation besides vehicular traffic. :thumbsup:

Gosh, that's another huge one! Thanks for the reminder!

• 1 month later...

East Washington Street has been torn up and re-striped all the way to Laurens Rd now. All it needs is a final layer of asphalt (plus paint) and we'll have the entire corridor complete from AmTrak Station to Laurens Rd. It's two lanes, middle turn lane, and bike lanes going in both directions. :thumbsup: Well done, City of Greenville!

Archived