Omni Hotel/Convention Center hotel/24 stories/800 rooms/complete

MTSUBlueraider86

It is kind of interesting that the adult bookstore on 5th that one can see off of the interstate is a bit gaudy if not sleazy, but the Hustler Store on Church Street seems to be mainstream. When I was still in the hotel business at The Renaissance and The Sheraton, we would see guests come back with Hustler bags full of merchandise all the time and people were not embarrassed about it, but no one ever dare mention the adult bookstore off of the interstate.

I too think this area is prime for development. I don't like the fact that when out of towners pass the city skyline, they see the large adult bookstore logo and the obtrusive Carpet Warehouse, and the ridiculous Frugal McDougal's Warehouse. I think Nashville has gotten beyond that now. That area is ripe for development including a nice shopping mall, if done aestetically, for conventioneers and the like.

BR86

Too bad the city was not forward thinking enough to incorporate a mall with the MCC and the MCC Hotel. We will still have guests paying a $20 fare in a taxi to go to Green Hills Shopping Mall.

BR86

I wouldn't be surprised if a development company is looking at "South SoBro" for a Hill Center-type outdoor commercial development. I could see something of this type on fronting KVB (on the south side of the boulevard) or on the roundabout and near Cummins Station and the Gulch. It will take a few years but I'm optimistic. Insighter (from Skyscraperpage.com) said Peabody continues to look downtown and suggested the company is intrigued by the area near Eighth and Demonbreun.

WW

I wouldn't be surprised if a development company is looking at "South SoBro" for a Hill Center-type outdoor commercial development. I could see something of this type on fronting KVB (on the south side of the boulevard) or on the roundabout and near Cummins Station and the Gulch. It will take a few years but I'm optimistic. Insighter (from Skyscraperpage.com) said Peabody continues to look downtown and suggested the company is intrigued by the area near Eighth and Demonbreun.

WW

The sounds stadium in this area would compliment such commercial development. Families could catch a game, get a bite, and head down to the riverfront...

WW

A Hill Center-type outdoor commercial development would be awesome and lets hope it includes some of my favorite shopping venues like Bergdorf's, Barneys, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Clive Christian, Armani, Hugo Boss, Versace, and Saks

A Hill Center-type outdoor commercial development would be awesome and lets hope it includes some of my favorite shopping venues like Bergdorf's, Barneys, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Clive Christian, Armani, Hugo Boss, Versace, and Saks

And then he/she awoke from his/her dream! :)

Edited by producer2

If there is an April 2011 site prep date, then we could expect caissons coming out of the ground by this time next year!

BR86

Visible progress by October 2011 would be exciting. I'm also intrigued by the Country Music Hall of Fame Building addition design. My understanding is that Tuck-Hinton (which handled the original design) is on it.

WW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WTF is wrong with this site. Error must enter post? I did!!

Story from channel5's site: http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14316932/omni-hotel-hall-of-fame-expansion-plans-revealed

Both hotel and CMHOF expansion.

$250 mil with 800 rooms.

Outdoor restaurants, seating on 5th Ave as music venues.

Will imprint a whole city block.

Ground breaking in a few months.

Plans to finish by 2013 when the MCC opens up.

Pics from story.

5557151944_71d9f5de99.jpg

14316932_BG1 by timmay143, on Flickr

5557151960_c7a692b18d.jpg

14316932_BG2 by timmay143, on Flickr

5557151974_e7d3478799.jpg

14316932_BG3 by timmay143, on Flickr

5556567001_b884b32ed8.jpg

14316932_BG4 by timmay143, on Flickr

Edited by timmay143

WTF is wrong with this site. Error must enter post? I did!!

Story from channel5's site: http://www.newschann...-plans-revealed

Both hotel and CMHOF expansion.

$250 mil with 800 rooms.

Outdoor restaurants, seating on 5th Ave as music venues.

Will imprint a whole city block.

Ground breaking in a few months.

Plans to finish by 2013 when the MCC opens up.

Pics from story

5557151974_e7d3478799.jpg

14316932_BG3 by timmay143, on Flickr

This makes it look 500' tall, to me. I dunno, jury is still out. I'm not impressed by the rendering, and we all know how renders versus actual product are...

EDIT: High res images on NBJ here http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2011/03/24/omnis-nashville-designs-unveiled.html?s=image_gallery

Edited by dmillsphoto

Looks alright to me. A more complete rendering than we had before but it seems like there's some more going on at street level in this iteration. At the very least it provides a whole additional block that will be activated and the skyline gets some nice horizontal filler. Although I think that there were merits of putting the anchor hotel away from 5th/Demonbreun to avoid having a 100% corner this does ensure that it'll be active on that stretch of 5th Avenue!

This is growing on me more and more, especially as the odd-looking giant steel structure on Demonbreun continues to grow. It seems there are daily more and more pieces of what is becoming one giant amazing puzzle.

It's all looking very sleek, modern ...and enormous (and let's not forget "branded). If this MCC, Omni and CMOF combo pack was being built in Dallas, Houston, Charlotte or Atlanta, I'd be jealous. If I lived in Birmingham, Memphis, or any other medium market, I'd be EXTREMELY ticked off it wasn't my town. But it is, Blanche, and this is new "wow" factor downtown could likely just blow us all away when done.

Bring it on.