North Independence Demolished Shopping Center

blucontrail

Anyone have any idea whats going up at the previous shopping center site at the corner of Independence and North Witchduck ? They have completely leveled the entire corner including the area behind Red Lobster leaving a large footprint. I'm thinking (hoping) Target or Walmart. Any ideas ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that where the old Farm Fresh was? If so there was talk a few years ago about a Lowes going in there.

Exactly. The Farm Fresh, a C&M Cafeteria, and the strip center across, as well as, the outer parcel structures have all been demolished. That leaves a huge footprint. There has to be some info somewhere, I have checked the VB.gov site. Nothing.

It's a Lowes.

"February 16, 2007

Lowe’s Home Center, Inc. Purchases Land in Pembroke Area of Virginia Beach

VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA: Gerald S. Divaris, Chairman of Divaris Real Estate Inc. (DRE), announced the sale to Lowe’s Home Centers, Inc. of a 1.35 acre retail site assemblage located at 4616 Pembroke Boulevard in Virginia Beach, Va."

From Divaris' Site- http://www.divaris.com/newsreleases/investmentlowes_virginiabeach.htm

And why don't think it's Lowes? I see that it was in '07. They are now just getting around to building it. Unless you know otherwise Lowes still owns the land, so who else would be building on it?

It's gonna put that Taylor's Do-it Center on Indi and Haygood out of business. You think?

I called one of the Lowes stores was told it wouldn't open until 2013 so they must own the land. I called the Red Lobster on Indy and they said it's not going up for some time either. Could be they are just clearing the land? :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived