Holy F-Bomb

so, i am in Dallas for the first time and in nall likelyhood one of the last times..

its a business trip and all, and my hotel is one side of DT, the office I am working in the other...

this city is pretty damn huge.

its sururban urbanity

totally shocking.. i kind of like it in a way, then as walking across a plaza on a office towers property a car drives by......

wait suburban urbanity.....

so weird

\cant amke the right words but damn, weird

on another subject...............

recession? building freeze?

yeah right. between the 7-11 building annd downtown there were 2 large developments happening. not sure their purpose, but surely improvements are coming. and um, if you like beer, avoid downtown, go to gingerman (6.50 cab)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know. I drove thu on my way to Wichita Falls and holy smokes. I was blown away especially when I drove north on tx 114. The sheer numbers of houses, office parks that have taller buildings than many medium to large cities and then the freakin interchanges. I called my wife and explained that ATL is pretty big but DFW is another type of suburban/urban big. Mind you I have traveled to several world cities and thoughtout the world so I have been around. And yes I have been to LA before anyone ask. I am just commenting on how I was surprised by what I saw.

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...
On 2/27/2015 at 4:54 PM, The ATX said:

Driving through Houston is a similar experience with numerous high rise clusters through out the city as well as intense widespread suburban development.  Defining Dallas as "suburban urbanity" is a pretty good description IMO. 

Look for the Dallas thread to light up in the next week coming soon! 

• Like 3

On 10/15/2019 at 7:35 PM, The ATX said:

You must be visiting there.  Dallas and Fort Worth posters rarely venture out from their own forums. :)

and yes I was in Fort Worth last night and had to change hotels today in Dallas due the tornado as large power outages continue.  Here is some damage of I-35 E in Dallas.

this was a brand new warehouse building shredded by the F3 tornado. 

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to have a F3 tornado hit heavily populated north Dallas and no one get seriously hurt or dead is blessing.  The damage footage on local news is unbelievable.  A Home Depot store front fell into the store after the roof blew off and now the entire store will be bulldozed and rebuilt.  https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2019/10/21/home-depot-and-central-market-among-stores-severely-damaged-by-dallas-tornado/

Not to mention all the homes destroyed in the path along with several schools closed indefinitely. 

• Like 1