CityPlace now has signage...

MadVlad

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed United HealthCare moved their signage with them when they relocated to CityPlace. I'm wondering why it took someone so long to get a sign up there....

I read about this the other day and forgot to post the link. I have yet to see the sign though. I dont go that way very often but I'll be passing by on 91 this week. I believe I read it's only a sign facing West right now tho. Is that right?

I noticed the sign missing from the riverfront on Friday myself.

I am all for any building signage. while it has the capability of "taking away" from the architecture, it more importantly adds to the importance of the city to passers by and residents. people know these companies names, and if a city has no signage, all those buildings might as well be empty as far as any passers by.

I like signage. I would love to see a more visible UTC,

I wonder if BOA will get to put a logo on cityplace II (thats where they are moving right?) BOA loves to have signage

• 2 weeks later...

Someone who works for United told me they were in negotiations to change the name of the building from City Place to UnitedHeathcare Tower or something like that. I kind of like City Place for nostalgic reasons, so that would be weird. From what I saw the sign is on both sides of the building.

I miss the Christmas wreaths. I asked Dennis House the first year they weren't up why they were missing, and he said it was because they were working on roof improvements and the wreaths would be back the following year. I think that was five years ago. I hope the reason isn't politcal correctness. The Hartford building kept the lights on top of the building all year and would just light them up during Christmas. You could see them, but now they are clearly gone. I hope they put them back up for the holidays.

secular signage is fine by me. I could care less what it is, but I definately like having signage up there. anything that adds some "energy" to the look of the city is a win in my books.

On Sunday i was driving down 91 at 11 pm from visiting friends in upstate NY. the city looks better with that lighting up there. mind you their old building looks totally dead, but I suspect that will change, and i hope it comes with some signage.

HBJ on the new diggs

http://www.hartfordb.../news14275.html

I like that those 2000 people are back into the downtown core. it makes up for the met life loss in some ways. now we just need to get a big new tenant for the ct river plaza building, and hopefully a new one, like Anthem.

that would be ideal.

edit

The Courant on the same subject

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-unitedhealthcare-cityplace-0804-20100804,0,2092528.story

Archived