black couple give birth to white baby

cityboi

black-parents-white-baby-2-225x300.png

white-baby-black-parents.png?w=450&h=659

Nigerian couple gave birth to a blond haired blue eyed white baby. Ok the first thing that pops in everyone's mind is "bull s _ _ _ " someone was cheating with a white person. Even then its unlikely the baby would have blond hair and blue eyes.

In fact the baby is genetically linked with both the father and mother and the baby is not Albino according to doctors. Doctors said this happen because of dormant "white genes" from one of their ancestors. The baby appears to be caucasian and not "light skinned" It has been said that 95% of all African-Americans have caucasian ancestors which explains the wide variation of skin tones among African-Americans.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20011175-10391704.html?tag=pop

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few points. One, reread the article: the family's doctors haven't ruled out albinism, something "not uncommon in Nigeria" (where the family is from - now residing in London).

Two, referring to them as "African-American" is both puerile and representative of an underdeveloped world-view. If they are from Nigeria, they are African, not African-American, by definition, and therefore the quoted statistic of "95 percent of African-Americans [having] caucasian genes" becomes irrelevant.

I didnt make a reference to them as being African-American. I was just making a point in regards to ancestry and DNA.

But that would obviously be irrelevant since they are not African American. And we know why so many African Americans have some White ancestry. It's not relevant for a Nigerian couple.

Either way, the whole thing is indeed a bit fascinating.

This is one baffling story. To my eyes, that looks like any caucasian baby with blond hair and blue eyes.

1. I assume the baby has been genetically tested to rule out baby-switching?

2. I assume more that one person (the doctor) was present to see the (caucasian) baby actually being born? or maybe it was on film (?) Many women in the States film the births of their child.

3. I assume the baby's eyes have been examined by the best opthamologist in the UK, to completely rule out albinism (which produces pinkish hued eyes)

All possibilities must be ruled out.....but after the possibilities are ruled out, you're left with a Northern European looking baby born to black Africans. One of the oddest stories I've ever heard.

Archived