Summer Games in Columbia in 2032?

growingup15

It was something that i've been thinking about for about 3 years now! Thinking that Maybe in the Future will Columbia will be able to Pitch for trying to get the Olympics in the Future! Maybe around the Year 2032 Summer Games. I Have some hope for it but not 100% But i wonder what do you all think about it and how long you think in your mind that we will be able to get the Games here.

PS. I have a few future fantasy pictures of Columbia hosting the 2032 games if you all wanna see some of them tell me and i will post them so yall can view them

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will never be able to get. Mainly because Atlanta had it, we are to small even the, and more cities around the world deserve it honestly.

But were Small now. Growing and we dont know how Big we will be by the Time 2032 Comes around. Think about it becuase it makes Since! 22 years from now Columbia could be a Huge city by then!

While it is a nice thought in so many ways, I think there are also many negative side effects from hosting the Olympic games. Primarily every potential host city must be prepared to pay the MASSIVE financial price, which seems to increase every four years, and which the host cities tend to struggle paying off within a reasonable amount of time. Such additional debt is a burden most cities literally cannot afford, especially when considering the short-term benefit it brings.

But were Small now. Growing and we dont know how Big we will be by the Time 2032 Comes around. Think about it becuase it makes Since! 22 years from now Columbia could be a Huge city by then!

You're quite young now, so 22 years seems like a really long time into the future, but it's not. Columbia isn't going to be a "huge" city by then. At its current growth rate, in 22 years it wouldn't even be as big as Charlotte is now, and Charlotte is in no way, shape, or form ready to host an Olympics. I can appreciate your zeal and enthusiasm for Columbia, but this is pretty unrealistic.

You're quite young now, so 22 years seems like a really long time into the future, but it's not. Columbia isn't going to be a "huge" city by then. At its current growth rate, in 22 years it wouldn't even be as big as Charlotte is now, and Charlotte is in no way, shape, or form ready to host an Olympics. I can appreciate your zeal and enthusiasm for Columbia, but this is pretty unrealistic.

Unrealistic? Thats what people thought about bill gates when he made the first personal computer it was unrealistic but look at the world today. Nothing is unrealistic if you put your mind to it and work together! negativity is not the answer! Although i appreciate you saying that you appreciate my enthusiasm. how about it Can be a possibility in the future but you don't see it quite happening without the Proper tool. With that that something tha can be a goal Get the proper Tools to acheive something. Nothing is never unrealistic. :)

Unrealistic? Thats what people thought about bill gates when he made the first personal computer it was unrealistic but look at the world today. Nothing is unrealistic if you put your mind to it and work together! negativity is not the answer! Although i appreciate you saying that you appreciate my enthusiasm. how about it Can be a possibility in the future but you don't see it quite happening without the Proper tool. With that that something tha can be a goal Get the proper Tools to acheive something. Nothing is never unrealistic. :)

I don't know what Bill Gates inventing a computer has to do with Columbia landing the Olympics, but OK. One day you'll get a little older and realize how things work in the real world.

Columbia will not be large enough to host an Olympics in any of our lifetimes. Hosting an Olympic games is VERY expensive and Atlanta was barely able to pull it off. I think it's ok to stretch a little bit for events, attractions, etc., but the Olympic Games is not realistic. There are maybe 15 metros in the U.S. that could host an Olympics at this time.

There is a huge difference between being negative and looking at the real facts. Like Matt said, Cola will not host the Olympics in our lifetime due to many factors that are quite obvious. Chicago is a huge city, well-known around the world and it has never hosted the Olympic games. Rio's Olympic budget is near 15 BILLION (operating, infrastructure, venues). There are hundreds of cities around the world that are much better equipped to host the games. We can't even host an NCAA championship or bowl game.

The truth is, this is pretty unrealistic, sorry.

I Emailed and got a Response form the USA Olympic committee and they like my idea and they said that they will consider adding columbia to a list of cities they are going to have in the Race to get the olympics. Im very excited! they told me that 2032 Is awhile but they think that it could be a possibility!. so i suggested them to look at 2024 and 2028 to make it closer!.

Im very happy and in a good mood right now. i feel like this was a great step up for me since i started getting into cities ^_^

I Emailed and got a Response form the USA Olympic committee and they like my idea and they said that they will consider adding columbia to a list of cities they are going to have in the Race to get the olympics. Im very excited! they told me that 2032 Is awhile but they think that it could be a possibility!. so i suggested them to look at 2024 and 2028 to make it closer!.

If you think it's that easy, then you're mistaken, sorry to tell you. Trust me when I say that Columbia won't be on that list whatsoever.

If you think it's that easy, then you're mistaken, sorry to tell you. Trust me when I say that Columbia won't be on that list whatsoever.

Well hopeless is not the answer! and they told me that they would have to Talk to the city anyway! i know it not that Easy. im not Stupid. its a working process they told me about the working process but they said that they want to consider Columbia in the List.

Please don't turn this into a Argument.

Do you realize how much goes into hosting the Olympic Games? Did you see Rio's budget I posted earlier? 15 BILLION!! Columbia doesn't even have an international airport. Cities that are much bigger than Columbia don't stand much of a chance to host the games, so don't hold your breath on this one.

This is my last post on this topic, as I think this way over the top, lol. :rolleyes:

Do you realize how much goes into hosting the Olympic Games? Did you see Rio's budget I posted earlier? 15 BILLION!! Columbia doesn't even have an international airport. Cities that are much bigger than Columbia don't stand much of a chance to host the games, so don't hold your breath on this one.

This is my last post on this topic, as I think this way over the top, lol. :rolleyes:

I agree; it is a waste of time to discuss absurd ideas that have zero chance of happening.

Archived