Moving to Seattle

cltheel.sdl

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fremont and Queen Anne are both awesome. But when it comes down it, I think Downtown Seattle is the city's most vibrant and exciting neighborhood.

Downtown's population is around 25,000 or so (I think) and there are more fun things to do there than you can shake a stick at! And so much wonderful retail you can't believe you're in a central city.

I used to enjoy going downtown sometimes just to see all the tourists. :)

Thanks guys! Today we did so more apartment shopping, venturing out to West Seattle and Belltown. I really liked the West Seattle apartments, right near The Alaska Junction. There were larger and less expensive than the Belltown apartments and were close to retail, restaurants, and the grocery. The apartment we saw in Belltown was really nice, but super expensive for what it was. Also, Belltown cost $150/car. I looked at some apartments in First Hill, but they were in the same price range as Belltown. My job is right next to the Olympic Sculpture Park and the main buslines that run by my office go from Magnolia, Queen Anne, West Seattle, Fremont, and Ballard.

I would certainly consider downtown Seattle, but there is no way it is cheaper than Belltown, and we can't afford Belltown right now. Right now, my first choice is still Magnolia, but we will look more at Queen Anne. West Seattle was great as well, so only time will tell.

Archived