Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

The Fiat is going to be a brewery [emoji4]

Buried in this column about Clean the World is a mention that the Fiat brewery/pizzeria at Orange & Jefferson is dead. Apparently the developer is moving on and targeting the CTW facility on Pittman instead.

As I've been watching the build-out of the retail spaces on either side of Cafe Annie the last few months, I was hopeful the relocated Wells Fargo was somehow going to share this space with the brewery. Guess not.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-clean-the-world-site-20161130-story.html
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Buried in this column about Clean the World is a mention that the Fiat brewery/pizzeria at Orange & Jefferson is dead. Apparently the developer is moving on and targeting the CTW facility on Pittman instead.

As I've been watching the build-out of the retail spaces on either side of Cafe Annie the last few months, I was hopeful the relocated Wells Fargo was somehow going to share this space with the brewery. Guess not.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-clean-the-world-site-20161130-story.html

There was talk for a very short while, about CTW building a possibly 10 story building on or adjacent that site. Never went anywhere, of course.

• Like 1

Risky move but guessing he will buy the building which makes much more sense I'm sure. Just not going to get the traffic over there for a few years. 

Also quite behind on the coffee roaster idea. Already have Coffee Roaster Alliance which is enormous and does just about every restaurant, Foxtail, Credo, Axum and Lineage all roasting their own coffee in Orlando.

• Like 2

I don't see why they'd have to wait until the I-4 project is finished, as I'm fairly certain they know to within a couple of inches or so, the distance which the widening is going to extend outward to. IOW, I can't see how one might potentially encroach upon the other. Unless it's a money issue, but that doesn't make a lot of sense either, assuming they are two separate projects.

Seems like if they had to wait for anything related to the I-4 project, it would only be the completion of the downtown portion.

Of course I could be completely wrong. I think that might have happened once.

• Like 1

The whole I-4 Ultimate is supposed to be 7 years (6 from now), with the I-4/408 interchange taking the longest to complete. Some sections will be done sooner than others. The Colonial interchange may be completed sooner than we think.

The bridge looks good though, reminds me of the Cross-Seminole Trail bridge over I-4 between Lake Mary and Sanford.

• Like 1

I will say that for whatever reason that Panera has never appealed to me.  I've lived downtown for almost 4 years now and haven't been there more than 4 times.  And it's only .9 mile away.. when I lived in Ohio and was .9 miles from a Panera, I walked there at least once or twice a month.

I think it is because it's in a desert.  There's nothing remotely near it.