Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

There are renderings online but basically they are replicating the pylon feature at Conroy where the ORLANDO sign is along I-4 to serve as a visual marker for places where you can enter/exit the express lanes from/to the free lanes.   

Hey look - downtown retail.   This store is going in Suite 3 at Crescent Central Station (joining: Dunkin, Greenbeat salads, Philly Connection, a dry cleaner and I think a nail salon).  

Interesting that UbreakIfix has their corporate HQ in the Suntrust tower but no storefront downtown.  

Interior-iDoc-Photo-4.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Pretty sparse inventory.

Hard to imagine how a store whose entire product line could fit in the trunk of my car could make a profit in the downtown, astronomical rent district.

Their main business is fixing devices. It looks exactly like any uBreakiFix. Just a few protection devices up front. 

^^

Wow.  I didn't realize that was an Orlando company.  They're as far west as CA I think.

I thought there was another cell phone repair store in downtown, off of Central perhaps?  Anyone remember a small place kinda like in a nook of a storefront?

1. 29 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

^^

Wow.  I didn't realize that was an Orlando company.  They're as far west as CA I think.

I thought there was another cell phone repair store in downtown, off of Central perhaps?  Anyone remember a small place kinda like in a nook of a storefront?

Yes, about a year ago I went to a place between the SW Orange/Central corner building and the parking garage.  He did not have my part and told me to come back twice and it never came in each time and he did not call me so I went elsewhere.

6 hours ago, FLheat said:
  1. Yes, about a year ago I went to a place between the SW Orange/Central corner building and the parking garage.  He did not have my part and told me to come back twice and it never came in each time and he did not call me so I went elsewhere.

I think that's the one

On 3/30/2017 at 3:38 PM, bulldogger said:

Not sure where to post this, so here goes.  This is a pic of the I-4 construction at Lake Ivanhoe.  I also grabbed a screenshot from a video on the I-4 Ultimate website which only seems to show perhaps a retention pond in this place.  What is that solid concrete tower that is higher than I-4 itself?

IMG_2368.JPG

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but someone on NextDoor made a post explaining the meaning of the solid concrete tower as well as some general info:

"I had a talk about the I-4 project and the Ivanhoe exchange with David Parks the I-4 Ultimate spokesperson Friday afternoon. The tall [pole] is what they are calling for now a marker that designates a direct entry from a side road directly into the toll, I mean center express lanes. They installed this marker first and now the roads & intersection will be built around it. Other direct exchanges are, Kirkman Rd, 408, Ivanhoe, Central Fla Parkway and 434. There will be numerous on and off from the through lanes to the express lanes to get on / off near other exits.
The express toll fees will be dynamic 24/7 what you pay today at 3pm may be different than tomorrow at 3pm. Minimum toll is .50 per segment and David said there are 5 segments so a minimum of $2.50 from end to end. But if the hypothetical wreck causes all of the through lanes blocked 434 to Kirkman it could be $13.00+ one way. The state has a formula based on how slow the free lanes are and a value assessment they did. It will be a living dynamic economic laboratory to see what people will pay.
Finally I asked about extensions from 434 and Kirkman where the road will go from 5 lanes back to the current 3 lanes. (I think the express lanes will back up there as always no mater how much you pay.) They have the money for the Kirkman to Sandlake Rd. extension that will start after this project. The Florida DOT has not given funds for the 434 to Lake Mary extension. They hope to have an update from them on Nextdoor.com soon. The did hear from a number of CP Nextdoor.com neighbors about this issue.
The Ivanhoe exchange rendering is wrong and the explanation was that since it was a design build road where the rendering artist didn't have the final plans when the original proposal artwork was done many years ago now."

• Like 2

On 4/8/2017 at 6:38 AM, nite owℓ said:

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but someone on NextDoor made a post explaining the meaning of the solid concrete tower as well as some general info:

"I had a talk about the I-4 project and the Ivanhoe exchange with David Parks the I-4 Ultimate spokesperson Friday afternoon. The tall [pole] is what they are calling for now a marker that designates a direct entry from a side road directly into the toll, I mean center express lanes. They installed this marker first and now the roads & intersection will be built around it. Other direct exchanges are, Kirkman Rd, 408, Ivanhoe, Central Fla Parkway and 434. There will be numerous on and off from the through lanes to the express lanes to get on / off near other exits.
The express toll fees will be dynamic 24/7 what you pay today at 3pm may be different than tomorrow at 3pm. Minimum toll is .50 per segment and David said there are 5 segments so a minimum of $2.50 from end to end. But if the hypothetical wreck causes all of the through lanes blocked 434 to Kirkman it could be $13.00+ one way. The state has a formula based on how slow the free lanes are and a value assessment they did. It will be a living dynamic economic laboratory to see what people will pay.
Finally I asked about extensions from 434 and Kirkman where the road will go from 5 lanes back to the current 3 lanes. (I think the express lanes will back up there as always no mater how much you pay.) They have the money for the Kirkman to Sandlake Rd. extension that will start after this project. The Florida DOT has not given funds for the 434 to Lake Mary extension. They hope to have an update from them on Nextdoor.com soon. The did hear from a number of CP Nextdoor.com neighbors about this issue.
The Ivanhoe exchange rendering is wrong and the explanation was that since it was a design build road where the rendering artist didn't have the final plans when the original proposal artwork was done many years ago now."

That's a misstatement.  Central Fla Parkway is not in the I-4 ultimate limits.  Maybe they're referring to Central Parkway in Altamonte?  I believe that does have direct connects.

They just need to break ground on it already. Who wants to be right next to sand and gravel? If I am the NBA, I would enforce that it is built in time before all-star weekend, if not, I would relocate it like that did in Charlotte North Carolina to put some fire under the Magic's feet.

16 hours ago, XpressEnterprise said:

Magic detail All Star game bid

Looks like they're looking to breakground this year on their entertainment complex, in order to win the All-Star bid. I thought we had a post about this topic, but couldn't find it. 

Is that the thread that got crapped on last week with all the fighting?

Thanks for this news.  Nothing like a potential big sporting event to get the ball rolling!

17 hours ago, tc01 said:

They just need to break ground on it already. Who wants to be right next to sand and gravel? If I am the NBA, I would enforce that it is built in time before all-star weekend, if not, I would relocate it like that did in Charlotte North Carolina to put some fire under the Magic's feet.

It's probably coming back to Charlotte in 2019. And we didn't have to do a damn thing. The NBA just needed to strut and preen a bit.