Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

New Eola Heights townhome project proposed on Broadway:

http://bungalower.com/2018/01/30/plan-filed-5-unit-townhome-project-lake-eola-heights/

From Bungalower

I think the Google Maps pic in the linked article is the wrong corner.

I think it's more likely going here...

fountainvu5.png

Or maybe not. 

But the pic shown in the Bungalower article looks like the right of way of one of those twin glass office buildings on Robinson.

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Church St Exchange sold to owner of Kress Building. Together with Lincoln, which has purchased most of the south side of the street, most of the block is now under new ownership.

Church Street Exchange and surrounding property sells for $14.2 Million
http://bit.ly/2ntGgqt

From the Sentinel

Let's hope maybe they'll revitalize the place by turning it back into a shopping and entertainment venue.

• Like 1

I hate to do it, but have to defend him.  The text above it says something along the lines of, "Check out the view of the Lake Eola Fountain".  So it was intentional.  To me, not the most logical choice, since I too spent a solid 5 minutes on Google Street View confused as to why it was a picture of the wrong corner, but intentional nonetheless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

I hate to do it, but have to defend him.  The text above it says something along the lines of, "Check out the view of the Lake Eola Fountain".  So it was intentional.  To me, not the most logical choice, since I too spent a solid 5 minutes on Google Street View confused as to why it was a picture of the wrong corner, but intentional nonetheless.

Sings, "We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for F-L-O-R-I-D-A..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

You are 100% correct.  My bad.

I didn't read down the article far enough. 

I even saw the little red circle around the fountain, but couldn't figure out what it was for.

But still, kind of confusing.

Came across this press release from Ponte Health... I'm not familiar enough with this company to discern the likelihood of this actually coming to fruition:

pressrelease_421769_1517408541.jpg.d7cfd9200cb94f91a61d9577eda3051a.jpg

PONTE HEALTH Brings VERTICAL MEDICAL CITY to Downtown Orlando to Serve the City's Elders

"VERTICAL MEDICAL CITY, LLC, a new High Rise Development Project is coming to the core of Downtown Orlando.

A striking self-sustaining, patient-focused, advanced technology-driven facility, it will be made of a three-tower complex partly overlaid with a smart photo/wind cells skin; the towers will work in synchronicity to deliver from Critical to Preventative Care throughout over 2 million square feet, and over 40 stories, of biophilic and interactive environments.

The primary focus of the Facility is to bring into the urban core the Next Level Assisted Living, Care, and Wellness for Residents and Outpatients 60 and over.

A major Health System has stepped forward with intent to Lease 1 of the 3 Towers, to manage and operate the Emergency and Surgical Operations of the Project. "

46 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Interesting animated 3D fly through rendering video by them on YouTube, but it's not Orlando.

Looks like Chicago.

It is Chicago.  Oddly enough, I just saw this yesterday when I was trying to get a rendering of their hotel at Lake Nona Town Center, and I saw this.  It looks like there is a new proposed building near the Standard Oil Building, right above the “H”.