Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

2 hours ago, Neo said:

There are currently a couple of folks that are about to get suspended or banned. Act like adults. If you can't then find another site to post on.

There's only one who needs to go and we all know who he is. This place was a bastion of civility prior to his arrival and disruptive presence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

There's only one who needs to go and we all know who he is. This place was a bastion of civility prior to his arrival and disruptive presence.

I agree.  No one who calls others douche bags over simple disagreements deserves to be in here. 

That would just show a total lack of respect for others' views, wouldn't it JFW?

23 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Your May 10 attacks on me for taking my special-needs son to a school meeting were

low 

low 

low

Wouldn't you agree?

If just doesn't seem very civil, does it JWF?

I can repost them if you don't remember.  They speak for themselves.

18 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

In fairness, my neighborhood does not have sidewalks and that pisses me off.

In reference to being pissed off about sidewalks, I do a solid job of power washing mine on a regular basis.  My neighbor called me apologizing because he had hired someone to power wash his house, his driveway, and the sidewalks.  Said contractor had sprayed it all onto MY driveway, sidewalk and apron.  This is the second time (same house, different neighbor) to have done that since I lived there.  He was kind and said he was going to complain to them and ask them to come make that right, but it is obviously a poor contractor.  I'm guessing they won't and I'll be doing that this weekend.

When I power wash the sidewalk, I do what kind neighbors do.  I go to my property line on each side and work IN, so that the crappy dirt water goes into MY grass or down MY apron.  This contractor just blew it all my direction and let it dry there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HankStrong said:

In reference to being pissed off about sidewalks, I do a solid job of power washing mine on a regular basis.  My neighbor called me apologizing because he had hired someone to power wash his house, his driveway, and the sidewalks.  Said contractor had sprayed it all onto MY driveway, sidewalk and apron.  This is the second time (same house, different neighbor) to have done that since I lived there.  He was kind and said he was going to complain to them and ask them to come make that right, but it is obviously a poor contractor.  I'm guessing they won't and I'll be doing that this weekend.

When I power wash the sidewalk, I do what kind neighbors do.  I go to my property line on each side and work IN, so that the crappy dirt water goes into MY grass or down MY apron.  This contractor just blew it all my direction and let it dry there.

I'm just happy when people do it... so many people NEVER pressure wash their stuff EVER. Whenever I do it, I tend to go a few feet onto my neighbors sidewalk and pressure wash a section or 2 for them to keep it away from mine. Well, technically all the sidewalks are typically owned by the government (HOA or city or county, depending on where you are). I clean all their hard surfaces when I'm done so its better then before I started, but the dirty water might go onto my neighbors grass though... is that really a problem? Grass grows in dirt lol (I totally get the leaving a mess on your hard surfaces, that part is rediculous)

Edited by aent

1 hour ago, codypet said:

I thought it was an old Sporting Goods store at one point.

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

I think it has been a gym or two over the years as well.

It might have been both of those, but in the 80's it was a small printer and office supply store called Drake's. I remember their logo had a duck on it.

Seems like a nice building for a restaurant and lounge.

10 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

In your opinion, what would be a good project to go where Pklus 1+ was supposed to go? That is a nice piece of land.  I'd argue for a small food truck park with some greenery.

30+ story mixed use building. 

I don't think downtown eateries would be too happy with a food truck park downtown taking away from their business...

10 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

In your opinion, what would be a good project to go where Pklus 1+ was supposed to go? That is a nice piece of land.  I'd argue for a small food truck park with some greenery.

A 50 plus stories building that anchored downtown Orlando with a rooftop bar and a shopping malls at lower floors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

A 1001m tall building that would replace the Jeddah Tower as the tallest building in the world under construction.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eola Park Centre redevelopment -  Highwoods is giving the city an easement to put in better sidewalks and a cycle track on Robinson as we’ll as getting rid of 2 out of 3 entrance/exits on Robinson.   

http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/07/ARB2018-10021report.pdf

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Eola Park Centre redevelopment -  Highwoods is giving the city an easement to put in better sidewalks and a cycle track on Robinson as we’ll as getting rid of 2 out of 3 entrance/exits on Robinson.   

http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/07/ARB2018-10021report.pdf

Highwoods has certainly been cooperative on working with the city on park needs. First with the Eola Five and now this. It's been lucrative for them but has turned out a win-win so we'll take it.

Other than the driveway improvements and the nice landscaping along Rosalind, I think this is worse than the existing condition.  The City should buy the easternmost tip of the land.  That area has nearly zero developable value for the office (maybe ten parking spaces) but has huge value is squaring off a section of the park.  It would be an unnoticeable loss for the Developer and a huge gain for the park/public.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gibby said:

Other than the driveway improvements and the nice landscaping along Rosalind, I think this is worse than the existing condition.  The City should buy the easternmost tip of the land.  That area has nearly zero developable value for the office (maybe ten parking spaces) but has huge value is squaring off a section of the park.  It would be an unnoticeable loss for the Developer and a huge gain for the park/public.

I agree with purchasing that stretch as soon as feasible. That stretch mainly exists because it was where Atlantic Bank's drive-in tellers were once upon a time (before that, there was a small garden apartment/motel building.)