sunshine

Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

21 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

It was a convenience store for awhile back then, too. I used to go in there for sodas and chips, etc. 

Yes! It can be our next downtown 7-Eleven!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Yes! It can be our next downtown 7-Eleven!

As I recall, it was a bit small for a 7-Eleven.

Vertical Medical Village announced, "We have secured closing on both our #Downtown #Orlando and Downtown #Chicago Properties; in September/October we push MP forward into Site / Foundations Design Development for a Permit Package, to break ground on time at both locations."  I know many people here don't expect it to happen and there are some red flags but it does seem to be slowly but surely moving forward. I think Lake Nona shows that Orlando can be a medical research city. VMC is relying upon medical tech and that's something that's big in this area already. 

DUZhabPXkAIB64X.thumb.jpg.864819f190027a570b7746a394e45c63.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I trust this to happen as much as I trust 7-11's hot food.

Yeah, we get it.

17 hours ago, JFW657 said:

As I recall, it was a bit small for a 7-Eleven.

There used to be a really small 7-Eleven across from OPL at Central and Magnolia where the Stagger Inn is now. It was about half the size of the Summerlin sevvie. That was when most stores were corporate and nowadays they're all franchised so I have no clue if you could do that now.

The fact that it only lasted a couple of years may tell us everything we need to know.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

There used to be a really small 7-Eleven across from OPL at Central and Magnolia where the Stagger Inn is now. It was about half the size of the Summerlin sevvie. That was when most stores were corporate and nowadays they're all franchised so I have no clue if you could do that now.

The fact that it only lasted a couple of years may tell us everything we need to know.

I remember that one well.

Used to go in there for lunch a lot. They had those tall, small diameter, round tables with no chairs by the front window, where you could stand while you ate. I used to love those sandwiches, too. Meatball, Italian sausage, coldcut, chili dogs.... I'm getting hungry and nostalgic all at the same time just thinking about it!!!! :P :cry:

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Good for you. Don't like it, block me.

I don't think he was singling you out; only commentating (yes, commentating) on the sentiment felt by many, including me, that this has as much chance at success as a Klingon D-7 against the Enterprise E.  

...commenting...

Edited by jrs2

¡Omg !! Ok Mr. Sensitive.. I hope u have a great weekend so that u have a good start to the week on Monday and so that u can have the energy to bat down and tackle toxicity and negativity . I enjoy your comments and I look forward to reading them.

2 hours ago, Urban Mail Carrier said:

¡Omg !! Ok Mr. Sensitive.. I hope u have a great weekend so that u have a good start to the week on Monday and so that u can have the energy to bat down and tackle toxicity and negativity . I enjoy your comments and I look forward to reading them.

I don't have time for personal attacks. No matter how little. I don't know how to block people on here which is why I suggested it. 

At any rate I won't continue to deteail this thread. 

Alright, come on people, we got enough of this already. . . Block whomever you want, stop responding or provoking whomever you want, but don't post it on the board. 

Blocking somebody is a passive event and does not need to be broadcast. These things have a function that works if you do not want to stir the pot or don't want to see or encourage the BS. 

I have no interest in the drama, but like debate. 

Let's keep it that way by being civil and using the tools correctly instead. 

Edited by dcluley98

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

Paywall ☹️

Cliffsnotes on what the article is about?

Bank of America Center, the Citrus Center and the One Orlando Centre. 

Bank of America Center - Location: 390 N. Orange Ave.

Renovations will focus on the lobby and courtyard. The renovations will open up the lobby into the courtyard and seating, lighting and covered areas in the outdoor space. On the second floor, the improvements include adding a new conference center, which the building currently doesn't have, for tenants to use. The conference center will be Wi-Fi equipped with a catering kitchen, a training room, two smaller conference rooms and a lounge. A fitness center in the building also is slated for renovation with new locker rooms and restrooms.

Citrus Center - Location: 255 S. Orange Ave.

All corridors and restrooms are expected to be renovated in the building. Additionally, renovations will continue in the lobby while Orlando-based New Moon Market, a juice bar, is expected to open in the lobby area.

One Orlando Centre - Location: 800 N. Magnolia Ave. 

Exterior renovations are planned for the building, along with furniture additions and a new conference center on the second floor. Updates are expected for the corridors and restrooms. Additionally, a rotating art gallery, in partnership with art organization Snap! Orlando, will be featured in the building.

Also, I had posted a link to an article earlier, about renovations planned for SunTrust Center after SunTrust moves into the new building.

So it's really four towers set to undergo renovations.

• Like 2

Not to be negative but a whole lot of nothing from the new owners.

keep your eyes on what Piedmont decides to do with the Suntrust Center and Church St Plaza but as far as this new owner goes for the former Cousins and Parkway properties...it’s like watching Blockbuster Video try new shelving techniques.

I got a lot of corporate speak translation of making BOA better on a ground level. . . 

The building itself is great, but as it is, they made it a fortress because of it being BOA after 9-11.  I hope they can make it a more personal building with the courtyard and ground experience again while preserving their feeling of security. 

There is a very good restaurant in there that I feel a lot of people don't know about just because of their building features, and there is a courtyard that is walled off and unwelcome to street pedestrians. Opening it up and making it accessible to the steet, especially to the north along Livingston and towards the west to the transit and the CV will be a very big thing. This seems to me that the landlord and the tenants are realizing "oh wait, foot traffic and urban planning are a very real thing, and the growing CV will impact our business and change the way we interact with the surrounding neighborhood". 

Very big deal on a small scale, IMHO. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, klstorey said:

My friend grabbed some shots of downtown while flying into ORL. This one really shows how the I-4/408 interchange is coming along. f777b7fb380bb51ff2579fdd98c91f3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great shot!