Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

2 hours ago, gibby said:

That's about 3,500 units.  What's the combined total of Radius, 520, Modera, X and the Creative Village stuff?

NOT Including The Yard, Orlando Magic Residential,  West of Amway Residential..

Units: 3,400 Units.
Parking Spaces: 6,000 Spaces.

These numbers are rounded for the sake of rough estimates for the following:
Radius
The 520
Modera Central
X Orlando
Union West
Prism
Amelia Court
Orange and RObinson
Lucernet Central

37 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Drone 'em.

Ha, I'll be investing in one soon, although I love walking around looking for different angles.

23 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Naw, Florida Born's got some amazing creativity in some of his shots. Best to do 'em in person.

Thanks Man!!

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Most interesting to me was the statement that 30% of the apartments are going downtown. While some second tier Sunbelt cities have seen their nascent attempts to rejuvenate their downtowns recede since the recovery began, our downtown continues to see strong activity. I like that.

I’ve long believed that Orlando’s rejuvenation is a slow burn rather than a sudden burst.  I am completely fine with this as it’s better positioned to withstand the ups and downs. Generally speaking, new development tends to meet a need rather than simply a rubber stamp infill project. This is what makes a neighborhood better.

• Like 4

On 9/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, smileguy said:

That said, it could be more interesting.  They did 101 S Eola, which is no architectural gem, but something that looked similar (and twice the height) here would be an improvement over these elevations. 

That wasJack Jennings. Finfrock has been doing GC work fairly recently. They did the deal on Lee and Orlando ave. 

Rumor: BOA may move into SunTrust Center in downtown Orlando

It would be a major move for the bank, located inside its eponymous Bank of America Center at 390 N. Orange Ave., to enter the 30-story SunTrust Center, the region's largest multitenant office building. No new tenants have been announced to backfill the space in the SunTrust Center, as Atlanta-based SunTrust Banks Inc. (NYSE: STI) is moving its Orlando headquarters in August 2019 into the $125 million, 28-story SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station being built by Lincoln Property Co.

The broker who handles leasing at SunTrust Center, John Gilbert, managing director at JLL, also said he couldn’t comment on “any of the leasing prospects.” But he said he hopes to share some “exciting” news by the end of the year.

Bank of America makes sense for the SunTrust space, said Jeff Sweeney, senior director with Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK). The bank's current downtown lease is ending soon, and a move into the SunTrust Center would mean occupying a more iconic location than its current space because the SunTrust tower is in the heart of the central business district. Bank of America has been in its current space for about two decades and it’s “time for a re-do,” Sweeney said.

Robbie McEwan, senior director of HFF in Orlando, agreed. One of the biggest reasons the move makes sense: The infrastructure to support a bank tenant is already in place at SunTrust Center. Plus, it's not surprising if Bank of America would want to move, as tenants tend to regularly trade spaces in buildings downtown to get better deals.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/09/19/rumor-boa-may-move-into-suntrust-center-in.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Not sure exactly what it says about our town when the definition of "about to get plain weird" involves the moving of one bank into a building a different bank used to occupy... :o

:rolleyes:

I can tell you this.  Change. Change isn't bad. Sure it makes 85% of the world uncomfortable. But change also brings new opportunity which isn't bad either.

I've been to cities over and over again and not much changes in some downtowns. A new building here or there but no real difference in vibe or atmosphere.
That's exactly whats happening in our city and NOT just in the downtown but most of Orange County. I understand history and tradition but when you get a chance to actually witness that, that's a breath of fresh air that decades of stagnant can't give you.

• Like 1

The Nunziata brothers (the guys who brought Walgreens back to the downtown core) want your input on which retail/dining concept should take the place of  Ferg's Depot in the old train depot:

"Our goal is to help bring retail stores back to the Downtown Orlando Corridor. Please select a concept that you would like to see in this location. We hope to show these retailers that there's a demand for their concept. Your voting lets them know that you want them here in Orlando. Together we can Make Orlando Great!"

Poll.thumb.jpg.a39be014c8de06e694c0a91a364af83f.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 2

“Zoi House Orlando”

30 East Livingston Street (SE corner of Orange and Livingston)

Master Plan for mixed use development with:

300 residential units

10,000 sq ft of retail 

130,000 sq ft of office

Link to Zoi House Miami - http://mecdevelopment.us/project/zoi-house

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

“Zoi House Orlando”

30 East Livingston Street (SE corner of Orange and Livingston)

Master Plan for mixed use development with:

300 residential units

10,000 sq ft of retail 

130,000 sq ft of office

Boom time.

Has to be kind of tallish. That lot isn't that big. 

that is the old plus one lot which is right next to the courthouse right behind Bank of America and diagonally across from eXOrlando proposed project

300 unit sounds nice to start making that little stretch between Lynx station and where radius is proposed a nice little neighborhood

I was just posting about that lot and my last photo update

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 2

Like Church Street Station, it’s using mixed use to create new Class A office space.  Being so close to be courthouse you would think they could make a power move to bring over Morgan & Morgan from 20 North Orange.   Especially with his mug on all of the Lymmo buses passing by their front door.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

The Nunziata brothers (the guys who brought Walgreens back to the downtown core) want your input on which retail/dining concept should take the place of  Ferg's Depot in the old train depot:

"Our goal is to help bring retail stores back to the Downtown Orlando Corridor. Please select a concept that you would like to see in this location. We hope to show these retailers that there's a demand for their concept. Your voting lets them know that you want them here in Orlando. Together we can Make Orlando Great!"

Poll.thumb.jpg.a39be014c8de06e694c0a91a364af83f.jpg

I know someone who spoke to them a few weeks ago and at the time, the Chelsea Market concept had 70% of the vote. 

• Like 1

Sorry if I missed this..has anyone posted?

Planned new $300M downtown Orlando project to feature office, residential, retail and hotel

Windermere-based Green Tree Development Group LLC, headed by CEO Timothy Green, plans to build a 1.5 million-square-foot, $300 million mixed-use project that includes retail, residential, hotel and office space. The project, called Green District, will be built on the southwest corner of Church Street and Division Avenue close to the $200 million Orlando Magic’s sports and entertainment project and the future $1 billion Creative Village project.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/09/17/planned-new-300m-downtown-orlando-project-to.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us