Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

8 hours ago, codypet said:

Does anyone remember when BOA then NationsBank occupied the copper whopper?  I feel like that wasn't all that long ago, but now that I'm thinking about it, that may have been the early 00's.  Barnett was the tenant in the Dupont Building which was acquired by BOA.

NationsBank gained access to the copper whopper when they bought the Lykes Brothers' First Florida Bank (from Tampa). It didn't last long because of the merger about the same time with Barnett and the move of Barnett from what is now the Seaside Plaza building to duPont Centre. Fun fact: NCNB/Nations Bank/BoA has been in several of the towers in town. They had a small office in what is now Eola Park Center (the old Hartford building). Their first anchor tower here was the former Citizens Bank/Pan American Bank (First Green right this second.)

Edited by spenser1058

17 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Sorry if I missed this..has anyone posted?

Planned new $300M downtown Orlando project to feature office, residential, retail and hotel

Windermere-based Green Tree Development Group LLC, headed by CEO Timothy Green, plans to build a 1.5 million-square-foot, $300 million mixed-use project that includes retail, residential, hotel and office space. The project, called Green District, will be built on the southwest corner of Church Street and Division Avenue close to the $200 million Orlando Magic’s sports and entertainment project and the future $1 billion Creative Village project.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/09/17/planned-new-300m-downtown-orlando-project-to.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Yeah I posted it in this thread when growth spotter broke the news and since then someone created a new thread for it under the name from that article… This is the first time that I’ve heard green districtYeah I posted it in this thread when growth spotter broke the news and since then someone created a new thread for it under the name from that article… This is the first time that I’ve heard “green district”

Edited by Jernigan

2 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Boom time.

Has to be kind of tallish. That lot isn't that big. 

that is the old plus one lot which is right next to the courthouse right behind Bank of America and diagonally across from eXOrlando proposed project

300 unit sounds nice to start making that little stretch between Lynx station and where radius is proposed a nice little neighborhood

I was just posting about that lot and my last photo update

Would help that area a lot. Walked to Orange from the Bob Carr the other night, and it's pretty dead.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FLClarkKent said:

Would help that area a lot. Walked to Orange from the Bob Carr the other night, and it's pretty dead.

Definitely agree. If this and XOrlando, Radius, Happen we could have 1400(Rounded) Units in that area in 2 years.

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn

On 9/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jernigan said:

“Zoi House Orlando”

30 East Livingston Street (SE corner of Orange and Livingston)

Master Plan for mixed use development with:

300 residential units

10,000 sq ft of retail 

130,000 sq ft of office

Link to Zoi House Miami - http://mecdevelopment.us/project/zoi-house

After doing some numbers, this could roughly end up 25 - 35 stories and between 295 - 390 ft. Based on lot size and proposed numbers. Design always matters but this would be some nice height next to courthouse.
This is assuming it's the .7 acres and not more.

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jernigan said:

“Zoi House Orlando”

30 East Livingston Street (SE corner of Orange and Livingston)

Master Plan for mixed use development with:

300 residential units

10,000 sq ft of retail 

130,000 sq ft of office

Link to Zoi House Miami - http://mecdevelopment.us/project/zoi-house

https://bungalower.com/2018/09/26/300-unit-tower-coming-to-livingston-and-orange-avenue/

• Like 1

As shown in the rendering, that is 41+ Stories and would likely be a new tallest in DT.  

Crap visor design for a building that tall, though. Typical BB. 

If this, X-Orlando, new Hotel, and Radius go, Livingston will be like a whole new DT density street similar to Church. This is huge right next to the other proposed and with Lynx Central nearby and leading over to CV/UCF. Big things indeed. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

There is a really well written article on OW regarding the homeless issue with a focus on the Ambassador program.  It provides a lot of history and detail. And though I disagree with some of the tone I think the writer did a good job.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/orlando-is-throwing-money-at-the-aggressive-panhandling-problem-but-is-it-a-boon-for-the-public-or-just-a-way-to-keep-the-chronically-home/Content?oid=18876674&utm_source=widget&utm_medium=toc&utm_campaign=rightrail&utm_content=TabbedPopularity

The final paragraph says..."The city could begin treating the situation for what it is – a human problem – by spending on real solutions, not just Band-aids like the ambassador program and marketing campaigns, rather than just treating the surface."

What a great thought. I wish the writer would have stated some "real solutions" instead of just wrapping up with snark. BTW, I think the Ambassador program is a good start and can be part of a "real solution" if there is such a thing.

Nonetheless, a worthwhile read.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

As shown in the rendering, that is 41+ Stories and would likely be a new tallest in DT.  

Crap visor design for a building that tall, though. Typical BB. 

If this, X-Orlando, new Hotel, and Radius go, Livingston will be like a whole new DT density street similar to Church. This is huge right next to the other proposed and with Lynx Central nearby and leading over to CV/UCF. Big things indeed. 

I was right on point. They went with a slim design so it's taller than I proposed . Love it.