sunshine

Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

CV sitework with the correct street grid and foundations for Union West Student Housing and Dr. Phillips Academic Commons are visible as well. Good deal and makes it easier to see where master plan and parcels are going to be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HankStrong said:

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." - Mitch Hedberg

That guy was so funny.... :lol:

• Like 2

"With the sale, Bags Inc. will continue to operate as an independent company based out of Orlando. Earlier this year it started work on a new global headquarters near the Amway Center, moving from a spot near SeaWorld. Bags Inc. has been growing fast in recent years, bringing its total number of full-time employees up to 3,000, SP Plus reported Thursday. That’s up from about 1,875 earlier in the year, Bags Inc. reported." 

6 minutes ago, orange87 said:

I grew up in Connecticut and now live near Orlando. I'd be interested to hear how you guys think downtown Orlando compares to downtown Hartford, CT.

I lived in Hartford from 2009-2012, less than two miles from the city center, and almost never had any reason to be downtown.  The occasional concert or restaurant, but barely - and I never had warm fuzzy feelings when I was.  Downtown Orlando (especially Lake Eola Park, Eola South, Thorton Park and Church Street) feels much more dynamic than Hartford ever did to me. Granted, Hartford has a more interesting stock of older architecture, and having the Wadsworth, Science Center, and convention center all within blocks of each other puts it well head of Orlando in that regard, but to me, Orlando still feels vibrant by comparison. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ucfpatriot18 said:

I was on LinkedIn today and multiple  brokers from Millenia Partners we advertising the retail space in this building.     I just figured this was dead. Anyone have insight?

32602D83-4455-49CA-A44C-11B9E4096315.jpeg

Is this that project that's across the street from DPCPA?

OBJ ran an article about downtown retails..

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/10/18/downtown-orlandos-retail-shopping-list-9-things.html

High-end bars and restaurants, another grocery store and more entertainment options topped the list of downtown wants, according to Orlando Business Journal readers who voted in a non-scientific Business Pulse poll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, cant wait to see all those dingy bars replaced by high end bars and restaurants.  Sort of like what Disney Springs did to replace the bars, except the old bars at Pleasure Island were way better than downtown Orlando. I would also suggest a few more starbucks downtown.

Recently visited Charlotte's Epic center and that place is a joke. Lets hope the Magic can do a way better job.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sunshine said:

OBJ ran an article about downtown retails..

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/10/18/downtown-orlandos-retail-shopping-list-9-things.html

High-end bars and restaurants, another grocery store and more entertainment options topped the list of downtown wants, according to Orlando Business Journal readers who voted in a non-scientific Business Pulse poll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, cant wait to see all those dingy bars replaced by high end bars and restaurants.  Sort of like what Disney Springs did to replace the bars, except the old bars at Pleasure Island were way better than downtown Orlando. I would also suggest a few more starbucks downtown.

Recently visited Charlotte's Epic center and that place is a joke. Lets hope the Magic can do a way better job.

EpiCenter is for hooligans. But rumors are hot and heavy that an influx of high-end retail is coming.

• Like 1

New Sentinel article today about downtown development.

“What we are seeing is really the culmination of the 10-year recovery with rising occupancy levels and rising rents creating opportunities for developers,” said Jeffrey Sweeney, senior director at Cushman & Wakefield. “Orlando is growing up.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-skyscrapers-guide-orlando-20181022-story.html

• Like 1

We heard the same thing from last cycle when we have a lot more grand renderings and almost a new project announced every week.  Must be a slow day in O Sentinel.

It’s a good topic to get clicks.  Who knows, maybe someone will start an Internet forum just about new development news.