Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

But now you know where you are!

Which is probably helpful with a snootful...

So are the letters that spell out "WALL STREET PLAZA" actually 3 dimensional ones that stand off the sign face, or are they just painted on to look that way?

I can't tell for sure from the picture.

Speaking from experience, having been there. . .  I would value bold and obvious locational and spacial recognition over time. Time can become relative and even secondary at that point, as long as you know where you are and who you are with. Lol. 

As to why, we will leave that to the philosophers. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Speaking from experience, having been there. . .  I would value bold and obvious locational and spacial recognition over time. Time can become relative and even secondary at that point, as long as you know where you are and who you are with. Lol. 

As to why, we will leave that to the philosophers. 

IOW.... as it has been said, "Wherever you go, there you are."

Billionaire Joe Lewis the investor in Lake Nona developer Tavistock Group and one of the world's largest private collectors of art, proposes Orlando Museum of Art move to Lake Nona. He's planning to invest $10 million towards a new Orlando Museum of Art. The new museum would include some of Lewis's art collection.

Article: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/01/15/exclusivebillionaire-behind-lake-nona-proposes-new.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_OR&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c3e740e04d30143c7f9cb89&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR03GgRU1EICc1sxpLAeOVkPpZ5XwbeVzPQFaXO65LWW8PYPfMvn-qM3Ljg

Edited by orange87

11 hours ago, orange87 said:

Billionaire Joe Lewis the investor in Lake Nona developer Tavistock Group and one of the world's largest private collectors of art, proposes Orlando Museum of Art move to Lake Nona. He's planning to invest $10 million towards a new Orlando Museum of Art. The new museum would include some of Lewis's art collection.

Article: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/01/15/exclusivebillionaire-behind-lake-nona-proposes-new.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_OR&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c3e740e04d30143c7f9cb89&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR03GgRU1EICc1sxpLAeOVkPpZ5XwbeVzPQFaXO65LWW8PYPfMvn-qM3Ljg

Fake news.  The article quotes a Tavistock official was saying its being considered as one of many options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jliv said:

Fake news.  The article quotes a Tavistock official was saying its being considered as one of many options.

Are you telling me a website that charges $140/year and makes you turn off adblock just to read their crappy articles is fake news? Say it ain't so.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Are you telling me a website that charges $140/year and makes you turn off adblock just to read their crappy articles is fake news? Say it ain't so.

Although I disagree with the editorial stance of the owners, some of the other Business Journals they own are pretty reputable on the news side. I’m not sure how ours got so sloppy in its reporting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Although I disagree with the editorial stance of the owners, some of the other Business Journals they own are pretty reputable on the news side. I’m not sure how ours got so sloppy in its reporting.

and many of the others also seem to provide a bunch of free articles with only some more detailed ones and the data heavy articles requiring the subscription... ours... "crazy person promises something ridiculous" needs a subscription....

• Like 1