Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

Glad to see these updates. Citi Tower is the one I'm most anxious about and I can't find anything new on it.

There were surveyors out there all of last week.  I checked the City website and there weren't any permit applications submitted recently.  The most recent application was for their zoning approval.  I'd estimate that they will be submitting construction plans in the next 1-2 months.

That would be awesome.  I'm a huge fan of rail options, the more the better!

I know a lot of people are worried about absorbing costs, but maybe they could compromise and offer to help AAF do this and figure out a way to partner on it that makes financial sense for everyone???

The thought of trains blanketing the state is exciting.

I suppose any chance of a high speed train to Tampa down the middle of I-4 is dead.

Regardless of what the state does, AAF seems interested in the route. And new tracks being built for AAF is for high speeds (the portion where the train is expected to go fastest in the Miami-Orlando route is after it turns east to the airport)

If AAF is willing to operate the service, I'd have no problem with the government building tracks to Tampa (Flagler already owned the tracks along the coast making the project viable for them). There would have to be some caveats to all train to co-exist with other passenger interests and some freight. No extra long term leases etc.

I read that article. It basically stated what others have already mentioned on this forum: zero information substantiating the project. Particularly bad when the company currently developing the lot they claim to want to occupy says, "not affiliated with us."

Yep...when it was mentioned here we started poking around...and decided it wasn't worth writing about. Anyone can create renderings and a sales flyer...ok well maybe not anyone.

what would happend to Marriot/Renaiisance now that the Patel was arrested?

This guy is also involved with 'Mingos, which OBJ has been printing stories straight from the press releases about what a smashing success it is. Of course, like all its predecessors, every time I stroll by it's mostly crickets. I'm not sure what will come of Mr. Patel but I sure would like to know what has become of the quality of business journalism at the Journal - it's been bush league lately. Ironically, the Sentinel has been picking up its game the last few months.

Is the trash coming out of the BJ exclusive to the Orlando unit, or has the entire brand diminished?

I don't view other markets so I'm not sure of this. One thing I have noticed, as a subscriber, is they developed a hair trigger for the 'breaking news' e-mails they send. I used to enjoy them. Now I get urgent news emails 2-3 times a day. It's a bit much.