Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

Lots of elder care housing in the area. The grocer will benefit to the Orange and Michigan Publix's detriment. I see the Lucerne area's shuttles there a lot during the day.

Those other buildings appear to be low-rise apartments I believe.

Edited by Boomer136

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that University Club property was sold for new multi-family development.

University Club in Orlando Plans Sale For Residential Tower

I'm hopeful the new development will feature some bottom floor retail, that site would be great for a cafe or drug store. Of course, I'd be very happy to see Tradition Towers brought back but I highly doubt Orlando will ever see something of that scale realized. 

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that University Club property was sold for new multi-family development.

University Club in Orlando Plans Sale For Residential Tower

I'm hopeful the new development will feature some bottom floor retail, that site would be great for a cafe or drug store. Of course, I'd be very happy to see Tradition Towers brought back but I highly doubt Orlando will ever see something of that scale realized. 

Another NORA?  Or perhaps more like TT.  With proposals and construction recently with projects like Skyhouse, Citi Tower, and the Lucerne Hospital redevelopment proposal featuring a 20+ story tower, I'm thinking they would try to get some height for Lake Eola views...or not.

Another NORA?  Or perhaps more like TT.  With proposals and construction recently with projects like Skyhouse, Citi Tower, and the Lucerne Hospital redevelopment proposal featuring a 20+ story tower, I'm thinking they would try to get some height for Lake Eola views...or not.

Once the city starts filling in Lake Eola, there won't be much left to view. :(

Hyatt Place seems to be in decent height to create a great skyline effect. Best thing is it will cover the 55 west garage. Too bad it wont have retails or restaurants.

Orlando Sentinel project seem like a 100 years multi phase project. The police HQ is sort of interesting. I thought Kinttinger Park suppose to have a dog park.

• Like 1

If I am from the DDB, I will suggest and push for it to have the developer at University Club lot to include some office elements into the building.

With parking garage, ground floor retails, the university club, office, apartments and amenities deck, we could at least expect the size of "lipstick" building.

I thought Kinttinger Park suppose to have a dog park.

Park of the Americas (which is between Orlando Executive and 436) is where they are putting the dog park.

Hyatt Place seems to be in decent height to create a great skyline effect. Best thing is it will cover the 55 west garage. Too bad it wont have retails or restaurants.

I'd agree with the normally. But a lack of restaurant/retail in the hotel will require guests to go to Church Street for dining and shopping options. It'll be a big benefit to the restaurants there.

• Like 1