Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

^^

ditto

^^

b/c, I'll take anything that is taller than Skyhouse.  BTW, personally I think Skyhouse should've been a minimum 5 stories taller for it's location...maybe even 7 stories to get it up to 30 stories.  It just seems like everyone is going out of their way to make these towers as short as they can.  Anyway... I think Novarre will see the success of that project and consider a second tower here.

• Like 1

I would take that exact same design with half the height over this. I dont think anything in that picture is over 25 stories..

screen-shot-2014-08-28-at-33403-pm*600.p

Don't worry too much. I reckon that none of it will look like that. Those plans are only a massing study. Besides, no one involved will actually build it. 

Would you pay $2 to do it?

Absolutely.  It ends up being $7-10 with tip for a cab or Uber from my place to either Church St area or Thornton park.  Since I'm vehemently against drinking and driving, this is a common trip for Ms U_E and I on date nights, Magic games (and soon for OCSC games and Shows at DPAC).  Most of our friends in CP also cab it downtown for these types of things

I would take that exact same design with half the height over this. I dont think anything in that picture is over 25 stories..

screen-shot-2014-08-28-at-33403-pm*600.p

Seriously.  Whomever designed this as their alternative to what's there now is a d-----bag.  All they did was look at Steelhouse and Camden and replicate their massing.  A 5th grader could've done that.  Since it wasn't a 5th grader in this case, and it was instead an adult and they charged Tribune Co. good money for it, they are inherently a lazy d-----bag.  More than John Edward ever was (see Southpark episode).  The City needs to rezone immediately.  I've had it with this sh*t.  Just looking at this rendering makes me want to vomit.

• Like 1